Let's talk turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my bird I picked up from Terry's I did not fix the upper part of the fan before snapping the picture.........here you go...taken Spring 08. I got him back spring of 09

Shady, thats a heck of a turkey and a great mount. I've heard a lot about Terry's, and have seen some of his work at the shows in OKC. :D

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shady, thats a heck of a turkey and a great mount. I've heard a lot about Terry's, and have seen some of his work at the shows in OKC. :D

My hunting buddy had one done the same way the year before and I really liked it....Terry's takes a while for turkey (they freeze dry the head) so it takes longer but WELL worth the wait.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, Dennis, you da man..... may I ask why you don't shoot a few near the house, every now and then?

I just don't feel it would be sporting. My wife feeds birds all winter, the turkey come to eat what hits the ground the birds don't find. There are only two houses in about 600 acres, so unless they are poached, they don't get any hunting pressure, and are almost tame. I'll walk between the house and the shop, and they will move away a little, but then come right back. All of the pics above, were taken about 25 miles away on some land that I farm along the Salt Fork River.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang it! I am NOT seeing these pix either. I'll try at home. It could be that the mothership (my employeer is surpressing pix from photobucket).

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's a few from recent years

Central OK
awww.hunt101.com_data_500_thumbs_27278brianbird.jpg

Western Ok Public Land spurs
awww.hunt101.com_data_500_thumbs_27278spur2.JPG

Public Land opening morning
awww.hunt101.com_data_500_thumbs_27278bird1.JPG

Wifes first bird- he was very nice, We should of had him full body mounted, his feathers were awesome!
[Broken External Image]

I'll try and find a few more.. and post em up.. Im ready for this season.. Gotta find some birds though!

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot a big boy last spring. 11.5 inch beard and weighed right at 25lbs. I got him down in the Southeastern part of the state. I can't wait for the season. I'm already driving my wife crazy practicing my calls!

Latest posts

Top Bottom