Let's talk turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The hens in my yard are still in a group, but there is one decent tom strutting around all over the place trying to get some to follow him. So far he is not having any luck.
I was standing out in my shop last night with a box call watching them, and when the tom turned away, I cut loose with a yelp, and he would instantly gobble and break into a full strut. :D:D
Messed with him for about 15 minutes, and went back in to work on my atv. They are a hoot to watch:D

Reaction score
No. That was 3 or 4 years ago. She made me a grandpa this year so I have a little guy to start taking out in a few years.

Lucky man, you are.

I was standing out in my shop last night with a box call watching them, and when the tom turned away, I cut loose with a yelp, and he would instantly gobble and break into a full strut.
Messed with him for about 15 minutes, and went back in to work on my atv. They are a hoot to watch

Hee hee, sounds like a good time - I swear the season is too late here it seems to me.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the one I took last spring. It's kind of hard to see on my profile pic so I thought I'd share a bigger one.

ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_turkey2_1.jpg

DrTurkenstein

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are the two I got about 10 seconds apart last spring. I pulled the wad out of the right bird's neck. I named him goofy because of the missing fan feathers. Both were just over 19lbs, 9 & 10.5" beards and 1" spurs. I was hunting north central Commanche Co.
ai718.photobucket.com_albums_ww181_DrTurkenstein_41109003.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom