Let's talk turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dennis, maybe - you should try it.

And FYI - don't swig just any old crappy vinegar - get "Seasoned Rice Vinegar" which will probably be Japanese-made - it's the difference between swiggin Jim Beam vs. the well swill whiskey. And yes, it keeps the ticks and skeeters off - along with garlic pills, too.

If your grocery store does not have "seasoned rice vinegar", then 2nd place in tolerability for swigging is a good balsamic vinegar.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haden't heard of taking vinegar shots to ward off ticks.
They used to sell sulpher pills in the pharmacy's back in the day that was supposed to help.

As good wine can turn into vinegar if not properly stored, do you think that if I swigg sufficient quantities of good wine, I could be protected?:hithead:

I drink pickle juice it also helps with chiggers.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That stuff may keep the chiggers and moqsuitos off, but it's probably going to keep my wife away too. I might have to sleep in the front bedroom after all that stuff.

On the other hand, turkey season only comes twice a year....;)

Reaction score
I heard turkeys gobblin Sunday morning and again this morning. They were fired up!

Suhweetness! :)

And I'm reposting this little tidbit since it put my post out of order, way back on the last page, due to software snafu:

And FYI - don't swig just any old crappy vinegar - get "Seasoned Rice Vinegar" which will probably be Japanese-made - it's the difference between swiggin Jim Beam vs. the well swill whiskey. And yes, it keeps the ticks and skeeters off - along with garlic pills, too.

If your grocery store does not have "seasoned rice vinegar", then 2nd place in tolerability for swigging is a good balsamic vinegar.

I drink pickle juice it also helps with chiggers.

Interesting...I love dill pickle juice! :)

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is one of my daughter and me. Her one and only bird.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_100_0092.jpg

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

And I'm reposting this little tidbit since it put my post out of order, way back on the last page, due to software snafu:

Yes, me too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I love balsamic vinegar. With a little olive oil, its my favorite salad dressing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom