Lovin my lcp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a lcp from B.A.N.G. Sunday and damn, why did I wait so long to get a pocket pistol. Don't get me wrong I love my 1911 but okie weather doesn't always make it much of an option, drop the lcp in my pocket and go.

Anyone else love their pocket pistol?

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just sold my lcp/crimson trace :(. It's a nice pistol. I picked up a Springfield xds thinking it would replace the lcp as a pocket option. It's a bit too big. Don't get me wrong it will fit with a pocket holster but it is tight and does not draw smooth like an lcp... Pretty sweet iwb carry though..

I would highly recommend the nemesis by desantis pocket holster. Does not add much bulk. Helps protect the trigger, protects the finish from scratches. Also it keeps the gun upright for a faster less fumbling draw.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a lcp from B.A.N.G. Sunday and damn, why did I wait so long to get a pocket pistol. Don't get me wrong I love my 1911 but okie weather doesn't always make it much of an option, drop the lcp in my pocket and go.

Anyone else love their pocket pistol?

I have one of the little mouse guns and wouldn't sell or trade it. I suggest you put a dab of white paint on your front sight for day time shooting and get a Crimson Trace LG-431 laser sight for low light situations.

It fits great in a Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster. Walmart also has a similar pocket holster in its sporting goods department for approx. $10. I carry mine in my front right jeans pocket and it draws real easy... even with the finger extension on the magazine. I carry a extra magazine in a Blackhawk belt clip magazine holder.

Without a laser, in low light it will be mostly a belly gun because you can't see the front sight. But with a laser, you will have a nice bright red dot to aim with. Mine is very accurite at 21 feet. No problem putting a full magazine in a 5" circle rapid fired. Certainly well enough aim to hit center mass in a man-size moving target.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j474/David2U2011/LCPwithCTlaser.jpg

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j474/David2U2011/LCP.jpg

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j474/David2U2011/LCP-UncleMikes3holster.jpg

As far as ammo, I carry Hornady Critical Defense. They fed very well in my LCP... no FTF or FTE. It also shot the Remington JHP's in the Green & White box very well. About $32 per 100 pak at Walmart. I had some misfeed problems with the Federal Hydro-shok and Gold Dots. Enough that I didn't trust them for carry.

Last edited:

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just sold my lcp/crimson trace :(. It's a nice pistol. I picked up a Springfield xds thinking it would replace the lcp as a pocket option. It's a bit too big. Don't get me wrong it will fit with a pocket holster but it is tight and does not draw smooth like an lcp... Pretty sweet iwb carry though..

I would highly recommend the nemesis by desantis pocket holster. Does not add much bulk. Helps protect the trigger, protects the finish from scratches. Also it keeps the gun upright for a faster less fumbling draw.

My primary is a full size kimber, before I got my lcp I was taking my wife's lc9, It's just too big for me to pocket carry. What I really like about the lcp, it's small enough to carry weather I have my primary or not. 2 is 1

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i1193.photobucket.com_albums_aa344_FTK87_BDAB7B28_074D_4717_95e3ff97c36980c49172582c748218cf8b.jpg

Here ya go

Latest posts

Top Bottom