Lovin my lcp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
David, I found a really neat OWB holster for my P3AT. That and the LCP have identical dimensions, so their holsters are interchangeable. I bought a Bianchi model 75 at Bass Pro here in Oh Kay See... I think it was $49. It rides really high (good for concealment) and it has a thumb break. Looks like this, except the one for the LCP completely covers the end of the slide.
www.code3tactical.com_images_products_detail_bia_24182__89705_zoom.jpg

Thanks, it looks good, but do they make one that will fit a LCP with a CT laser? I need a holster for a LCP with a CT laser... they are kind of hard to find and Tagua makes one.

Jacob88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a great little carry gun. I'm new to okshooters and just got my ccl so I'm looking for a gun that I could conceal easily as well as something my wife would carry. Looks like this just may be the one!

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The LCP is a great pocket pistol. I by them and give them as gifts. But, kept the engraved one I saw at Dong's. Well, my wife has it now since I mistakenly showed it to her. LOL.

I need to get myself onto your gift list!

I have been contemplating a LCP or LC9 or the Keltec P380/PF9...very much appreciating the info on the LCP in this thread.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to get myself onto your gift list!

I have been contemplating a LCP or LC9 or the Keltec P380/PF9...very much appreciating the info on the LCP in this thread.

My wife has a lc9, it's a sweet cc gun but just too big for pocket carry. Before this I had a kel tec p11, I liked it, but the trigger was really stiff, and I've heard the p3at is the same way, I've put a few mags trough a pf9 and was impressed, only thing I didn't like was the recoil, very snappy, and easy to limp wrist, that's why you get a lot of folks claiming they don't feed well, it just takes a strong grip especially firing one handed.

Out of what you listed, I have to go LCP all the way, stick it in your pocket and it disappears, easy to shoot, manageable recoil, one of the only downfalls is the sights, it is a point and shoot kind of gun. Good luck with the decision.

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone makes fun of the size of caliber, just ask them if they would stand in front of a .22. That generally shuts them up, but every once and a while I'm sure you will run into someone who thinks he's a mr tough guy and say yes. If so, let me know, we can get the lawyers to draw up some waivers, etc and I'll watch that show. If you can kill someone with a ball point pen (don't ask, for all you military folks, "weapon of opportunity". Enough said.), then that lcp will do the trick.

On the holster deal, you can go out and get a mica holster, or you can save the money and get a $10 uncle mike's. I am a firm believer in getting a quality holster and belt, but I have been rocking a 642 in pocket in that $10 uncle mikes for years and love it more than my mica. I got my wife a remora holster for her purse and to wear around the house and have found myself wearing it with the 642 with sweats alot lately.

If you dont know what that holster is, it doesnt need a belt and doesnt have a clip, as long as it has elasic or the pants fit without a belt etc, it stays put when you walk around with it in the waistband and doesnt move when you draw or holster one handed. There is a lengthy video on YouTube that a lady did showing her wearing it with skirts, boxers, running shorts while running to show it doesn't move, a bathing suit, etc. check it out. I wasn't a believer but for $30 figured I'd get it for the wife to try, and became a believer. Don't get me wrong, nothing beats a holster with a good belt. Just another option to look at.

Just don't be the idiot who gets the wallet pocket holster with the hole that exposes the trigger and shoot yourself in the a**.

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has a lc9, it's a sweet cc gun but just too big for pocket carry. Before this I had a kel tec p11, I liked it, but the trigger was really stiff, and I've heard the p3at is the same way, I've put a few mags trough a pf9 and was impressed, only thing I didn't like was the recoil, very snappy, and easy to limp wrist, that's why you get a lot of folks claiming they don't feed well, it just takes a strong grip especially firing one handed.

Out of what you listed, I have to go LCP all the way, stick it in your pocket and it disappears, easy to shoot, manageable recoil, one of the only downfalls is the sights, it is a point and shoot kind of gun. Good luck with the decision.

Another option, that is more expensive however, is the Kahr P380 if you want really small, or the Kahr PM9, which is about the size of the LCP. If you don't believe me google it :). The great thing about the Kahr is that they have actual sights, you can get night sights as well, and the slide locks back when empty. Both important features to me. Granted most people will never see their sights in a self defense situation, and is why I recommend crimson trace laser grips for any novice shooter who doesn't put the time in to practice quickly finding sights under stress, or who only have a gun to just have for defense and don't practice at all.

Side note, I hate the lasermax laser that they have on some lcp models, as well as other guns, because now you are asking the same people who won't see their sights to now find a tiny button to push to activate there laser, all in a split second. Stupid design.

I love the PM9 with the magazine extender as it has actual sights and is just the right size to shoot, carry, hide, and I can still carry one of the best ballistically proven rounds, the 9mm Federal HST 124 grain +P.

If budget is an issue, the LCP is still a great choice, just don't by the lasermax version.

Latest posts

Top Bottom