lubricating the moving parts of a press

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ok probably a dumb question but I need to know. what are you guys using to lubricate the moving parts on your reloading press and how often do you do it?

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spray a little silikroil on it and let it soal in. I avoid the primer slide and get the linkage and some around the ram. Any lube is better than no lube. A thin smear of synthetic grease would be something I would put on the ram if it was closer to my loading bench.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As stated above, stay away from the primer slide. Other than that, I may be a little strange (OK, I'm a lot of strange) but I use One Shot case lube. A light spray, let it dry. It's slicker than owl snot and dosn't seem to attract/catch dust like oil does. I have used it for years and never had any problems.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, reading all this preventive maintenance makes me feel kind of bad..I don't guess I ever put one drop of anything on my press..All I got is a little RCBS junior that I got while I was a junior in high school. I use it pretty often and can't really tell any difference in it..maybe I haven't had it long enough for it to need oil. I got it while a junior in high school and that would have been in 1968. I may just give the little guy a drop of something tomorrow..

Latest posts

Top Bottom