Martial Law Commercial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This commercial is actually from MTV like back in 2008, but it's making the rounds right now with S. 1867 in the works.

Last edited by a moderator:

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it could happen again at any moment. Just because this is the US does not mean we are immune. Look at how they are treating the OWS crowd. You may not agree with their ideals, but they shouldn't be treated the way they are being treated. We have a right to protest, the fed and the cops do not have the right to push them around, arrest and pepper spray them. The virst revolution started out with small groups too. Sons of Liberty who formed the original tea party, etc.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Protest? Sure.

Take over a public space for months? Not so much.
Violate permit laws? Uhn-uh.
Block the police from transporting properly arrested criminals? That's a no-no.
Steal vacant houses? Nope, not that either.

Keep in mind the OWS protests were not hatched by Americans. It came from Canada.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
it could happen again at any moment. Just because this is the US does not mean we are immune. Look at how they are treating the OWS crowd. You may not agree with their ideals, but they shouldn't be treated the way they are being treated. We have a right to protest, the fed and the cops do not have the right to push them around, arrest and pepper spray them. The virst revolution started out with small groups too. Sons of Liberty who formed the original tea party, etc.

Protest? Sure.

Take over a public space for months? Not so much.
Violate permit laws? Uhn-uh.
Block the police from transporting properly arrested criminals? That's a no-no.
Steal vacant houses? Nope, not that either.

Keep in mind the OWS protests were not hatched by Americans. It came from Canada.
Personally, I think the OWS crowd has gotten way too much leeway... no way in hail they'd still be allowed to invade public spaces with CAMPING GEAR for months at a time if they were protesting against Obama's social agenda in favor of conservative values.

NO

WAY

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it matters what they are protesting against. I don't want to see this type of thing happening again. It got ugly in the 60s, it is bound to get worse this time around.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read up on Adbusters, the group that formed OWS. When I first heard about OWS, I thought it was interesting, then I read up on it. I saw that they were anti-capitalism, which is beyond stupid. I don't agree with them one 90% of their agenda, but I still think they have a right to do so.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't agree with most of what the OWS kooks are doing and saying, and while I understand why they're being treated the way they're being treated, it still kind of bugs me. I guess I just can't get on board with the "you have the right to peacefully assemble, so long as you have the proper permits, do it between the hours of 6:00 and 11:00, don't get in anyone's way", etc.

Some freedom when it's heavily regulated by some form or another of government, and just one more example of how far our "freedoms" have deteriorated without a whimper (and often the blessing) from the populace. The Founders must be proud of us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom