Masks On Masks Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, but those have been shown to be fabricated urban legend. The "I showed up to get tested but left before getting tested and still received a positive result" stories have been all over social media but there has yet to be a single, verified, first person account with proof. It's always "I know someone" that it happened to. It's been debunked several times:

https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2020/07/27/watch-gov-reeves-discusses-covid-outbreak/

https://www.wbay.com/2020/08/25/dr-rai-dispels-covid-19-myths-and-whats-ahead-for-flu-season/

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/corona...0200713-xk3aueospjef7dffzazn4zm5ky-story.html

https://sanangelolive.com/news/poli...-fake-positive-covid-19-results-untrue-so-far

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story...itive-test-letters-when-not-tested/113375226/

But yes, there is definitely a pollical element to much of the virus and mask hysteria. However, people exploiting it for one reason or another doesn't invalidate some protective measures. We certainly went too far with the shutdowns and quarantines.
I can provide 2, maybe 5 witnesses ..... I realize that this gets amplified but it is happening to some extent at least. Oversight ? Possibly I don’t know but it is happening 5 hardly moves the needle.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not doubt that there are some screw-ups. Humans are involved.
How often it happens is impractical to determine unless every testing lab spent the time to somehow deliberately send known positive and known negative samples without any of the sampling or testing personnel knowing. There are probably thousands of different testing facilities that came into being on short notice.......It's kind of like stopping the D-Day invasion to check how many duds might be in the ammo supply.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are correct...HIPPA mostly applies to medical authorities and prevents them from releasing medical information without your consent. Your employer and anyone else is free, in many cases, to ask for and even demand proof of a condition, especially if you are asking for entry onto private property. OKC's mask mandate specifically requires you to produce a letter from your physician stating that the wearing of a face covering will cause impairment. It doesn't have to reveal the condition....but OKC's mask mandate also allows for clear face shields instead of a mask, which would alleviate those concerns.

These days I look at mask usage as being similar to concealed carry. Statistics say I'm very unlikely to need a pistol for self defense from day to day, but I still carry one. I even succumbed to the government's demand that I secure a license to do so, before permitless carry passed. Most of us did, willingly and without much complaint...far less complaint than those fighting the largely voluntary mask "mandates". If having a pistol gives me a slight edge or is there on the very, very slim chance I need it, then good.

Same with a mask. The science is not settled that they flat out don't work. If there is a chance that they work, especially if I'm in prolonged contact with other people, then I will gladly wear it. It doesn't threaten my freedom or my manhood. I spent the good part of last week doing a tough job out in western Oklahoma...hanging out at the top of an antenna array. I wore a mask because my coworker, who was two feet away from me up there, has a high risk 80+ year old mother-in-law living at home.

Wear it or don't wear but quit acting like it's some statement on liberty or a threat to your masculinity. If you don't want to wear one, cool, but stop acting like people have a right to enter private property without one if the owner has set that as a condition (kinda funny to scream about liberty on one hand but then ignore private property rights don'tcha think?).

A guy I supervise asked if he could wear a face shield instead of a mask and our leadership said no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take care in trying to interpret data: graphs, bar charts, numbers etc.. It may look obvious but only someone skilled in experimental design and statistics and having a good breadth of knowledge about the subject matter can really draw a proper conclusion. I don't have the skills and knowledge to properly interpret COVID data and neither do you....It needs to be left to the epidemiologists.

Allow me to illustrate with a story. Let's say we are all pretty good carpenters and are good at judging the quality of lumber. Are we qualified to decide on the quality of an entire trainload of lumber? .......We are not. The lumber is in big stacks. How many pieces do we need to see? Do we pick a few off the top of every railroad car or should we pick them randomly from throughout each car? How many do we need to inspect? Maybe there are ways to judge quality by just looking at the end grain (?) but we do not know because we are not wood products engineers only carpenters.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone that believes false positive tests aren't real haven't done a simple search.
JULY 15, 2020 By Elle Reynolds
Hundreds of labs in Florida reported to the state that 100 percent of people they tested for Covid-19 had the virus, according to a new investigation by FOX 35 News. Other testing centers reported positivity rates upwards of 80 and 90 percent. In actuality, the positivity rates for most testing centers were often under 10 percent and usually under 20 percent.
Florida Labs Incorrectly Reported A 100% Positivity Rate For Coronavirus Tests
In actuality, the positivity rates for most testing centers were often under 10 percent.
When FOX 35 contacted the labs with high positivity rates, several labs confirmed that the numbers were wildly inaccurate. Orlando Health, for example, had reported a 98 percent positivity rate, but confirmed to reporters that their positivity rate is actually 9.4 percent.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/1...-a-100-positivity-rate-for-coronavirus-tests/

State Lab Finds 90 Positive COVID-19 Test Results Were False
Ninety people in Connecticut who received positive COVID-19 results did not have the virus, according to the state Department of Public Health.

The department said the state public health laboratory uncovered a flaw in one of the testing systems it uses to test for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and 90 of 144 people tested between June 15 and July 17 received a false positive COVID test report. Many are nursing home residents.

State officials said the flaw has been reported to the manufacturer and the federal Food and Drug Administration and DPH has taken immediate steps to make sure the patients are notified.

According to the state Department of Health, the errant testing results were “from a widely-used laboratory testing platform that the state laboratory started using on June 15.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...-covid-19-test-results-were-false/ar-BB16Yche
The list goes on and on and on.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same with a mask. The science is not settled that they flat out don't work. If there is a chance that they work, especially if I'm in prolonged contact with other people, then I will gladly wear it. It doesn't threaten my freedom or my manhood. I spent the good part of last week doing a tough job out in western Oklahoma...hanging out at the top of an antenna array. I wore a mask because my coworker, who was two feet away from me up there, has a high risk 80+ year old mother-in-law living at home.

Wear it or don't wear but quit acting like it's some statement on liberty or a threat to your masculinity. If you don't want to wear one, cool, but stop acting like people have a right to enter private property without one if the owner has set that as a condition (kinda funny to scream about liberty on one hand but then ignore private property rights don'tcha think?).

Agree 100%. That being said, I know what hospital workers wear when they get a bona-fide Wuhan Flu patient in to work on, and I bet you know too.

It ain't a flimsy Etsy crafted piece of cloth. The whole point of masks is really kind of meaningless unless one is using a real deal mask/respirator, gloves, face shield, and disposable outer garment.

A government decree to wear a mask is absolutely a statement on liberty.

We are currently facing a dire economic strait, thanks to Wuhan panic. I notice the restaurants, mostly run by Mexicans - that are still flourishing are the ones that continue to fill every table, don't wear masks and serve up some fine victuals. If the Wuhan was really as bad as the panic mongers would have us believe, why do I see the same Mexicans every weekend? They haven't all died, they keep filling the place up.

Perhaps they are the stronger people and Darwin's just allowing them to thrive because they've earned it.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A government decree to wear a mask is absolutely a statement on liberty.

We'll never know. It's hard to think a Trump administration would sit back and allow that. Perhaps the homemade masks are the best they can recommend for the same reason they initially denied their effectiveness... Imagine 300+million people buying up all the PPE needed for first responders and medical professionals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom