May need a place to stay; Landlord threatening eviction for asking for repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
here's a more recent one. for people who don't know, you don't have to pay for sites like this. just hit "refresh" and IMMEDIATELY click the same button again which will "stop" the page from loading. if you time this right, you will get the text loaded but not the pop up. works on all kinds of sites that use this pathetic method.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/interactive/2022/housing-market-investors/
>Last year, investors bought nearly one in seven homes sold in America’s top metropolitan areas, the most in at least two decades, according to the realty company Redfin.

>Those purchases come at a time when would-be buyers across the country are seeing wildly escalating prices, raising the question of what impact investors are having on prices for everyone else. Investors were even more aggressive in the final three months of the year, buying 15 percent of all homes that sold in the 40 markets.

or this one

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/23/us/corporate-real-estate-investors-housing-market.html
>They may have to offer tens of thousands of dollars over the asking price only to have those offers rejected anyway, Ms. Hilton, a real estate agent, tells them. They might have to put up thousands of dollars in nonrefundable fees to get a seller to consider their offer. And if they’re looking for a home for less than $300,000, they might be out of luck.

>About 2.5 million households shopping for a first home will be shut out of the market this year, estimates Nadia Evangelou, senior economist with the National Association of Realtors. That amounts to 15 percent of all first-time home buyers. In an already daunting market, investor purchasing is adding to the obstacles.

>Real estate investors bought a record 18.4 percent of the homes that were sold in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2021, up from 12.6 percent a year earlier, according to the realty company Redfin.

>And in some markets, especially in the relatively affordable Sun Belt metro areas, their share is far higher.

>In Charlotte and Atlanta, investors purchased more than 30 percent of the homes sold in the fourth quarter of 2021, according to Redfin. In Jacksonville, Fla., Las Vegas, and Phoenix, they bought just under 30 percent.

>“If there’s a house that’s affordable, it’s already gone within 24 hours,” Ms. Wilkes said. “Most times I don’t even get to make it to the open house before there’s already an offer in.”

that's ONE of the issues i've addressed that no one has even entertained. i've been met with "well i bought muh house 20+ years ago, geez louis why are you complaining?"

even the people bragging about owning a gorillion houses (aka slumlords) are admitting you are predatory and you purchased your *first* home many years ago. not one person has addressed any of my real complaints, you keep putting up weird ass strawmen like "lol you r poor n dumb".

you know what happens in a nation when people smarter than you decide to F off in society instead of solving the problems? instead of working? i don't think you realize how much this is going to backfire on everyone, not just "poor dumb" people.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
it's not a business model because it's built on layers and layers of tensegrity strings and unlike deciding to not buy your product or use your service, when people decide to strike or boycott *housing* well
check out sri lanka i guess.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
hell here's a local one from April:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/bus...mes-not-welcomed-okc-homebuilders/9498518002/
>"It's not always investors, either," she said. "Sometimes it's a financially well-off family member or close friend who is able to finance the purchase with cash for the buyer.

>"I've had buyers looking (for a home for less than) $250,000 in Edmond since 2019. I don't even want to count how many offers I've written for them and we haven't won a single one."

>What's new is the rush of investors to buy new homes to offer as rentals.

>March ended with just an 18-day supply of houses for sale, a market still so tight that buyers keep paying more, sometimes way more, than sellers are asking, according to the Oklahoma City Metro Association of Realtors.

>With just an 18-day inventory of homes listed with Realtors, the first quarter ended with home sellers still in charge, driving sometimes desperate want-to-be buyers to extremes.

>Other notable statistics indicating a hot market benefitting sellers include:

• On average, homes sold in March after just 20 days, a week faster than a year ago, for 101.2% of asking price, the Realtors reported.
  • The median sales price was $256,000, an increase of 13.2% compared with March 2021, the Realtors said.
>"Cash offers or full appraisal gaps with financed offers are king in this market," said Kacie Kinney, an agent with Keller Williams Elite.

>One agent in a Facebook group for Realtors said she had a buyer pay $42,000 above asking price — $450,000 for a house listed for $408,000.

>Another agent she was working with three shoppers looking for homes for around $225,000 "who have offered $15,000 price gaps and offered over asking price and still lost several homes. This is absolutely insane."

>Another agent said she had a client who had made offers, with appraisal gap clauses, on seven homes in the $350,000-$400,000 range, with none successful.

>Another one said a client had made five offers, $20,000 over asking price, on homes listed from $205,000 to $220,000, with appraisal gaps covered, willing to take properties "as is," and: "None accepted."

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
>oh you are just dumb and poor, if ya had a time machine to go back to 1998 *or even five years ago* you could have bought a house for under $10k!

bro you may think what you want of me but i wouldn't live in that pitiful shack you bought. it doesn't have nearly enough space to run my business. my machinery literally wouldn't fit. lol

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its a sellers market right now, dont like it, then wait, it will swing back to a buyers market always does, just be ready to pounce when it does or you may mis the boat again and be complaining about even higher prices next go round.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You think that was advise?

First of all in today's world you can't save up what it will take to buy a house, hell I doubt you could with even just property in an area you would want to live, or suitable for living.

Perhaps in the woods you could, but how will you have any quality of life in the general age of people within this site?

I am 43 now, just got my first credit card as I was raised by a boomer dad. Always in debt to his eyeballs along with my immediate family. Thought...can't buy it now, you dont need it. So I NEVER used credit.

Had my LLC for 3 years now and built up a sizable nest egg....bank dont give a damn, they want to see revolving debt....see that you are a good boy with your sheckles and share them with the establishment like a form of tithing they have named interest.

It is a nice thing (nepotism) because I have impressed the right people that I got a lease to own deal with pretty much....the best deal ever, this house needs like 10k of work and materials in it.

The system is set for you to fail, these out of absolute touch people here have things like networks, mortgage backers, assets and most of all capital. They didn't have the BS many face today with the impossible to even get a interview with a person, but sure is cool you can get 80k in student loans right out of college, but can't get a 10k loan to start a business?

The people within this place (many) will vote for the face on TV or the name they recognize, then when they dont get their way....it was a fraud, they were cheated.

To be clear yes I did vote for Trump the first time, second time I didn't vote, because he banned a gun part and set precedent and well Biden had Harris with him who is single handedly responsible for more blacks in jail than any other person I can think of.

So I said....to hell with it. Stopped thinking what I wanted for this nation mattered for anything, like the guy that made this post, and as a genx we just wait....like we always have.

Soon likely very soon, someone wants a house....they will take it, just like how this nation was founded in the first place. Theft!

As for what you replied off of as good advice. Go tell that to the recent college graduates that are committing suicide in the highest numbers because of insurmountable debt and zero hopes of ownership when boomers refuse to retire.

I saw a 68yo woman working at Walmart in NY out in long Island 2 days ago that had zero idea of how to scan items with the bar code reader. She said she can't afford to sustain herself on SS because she can't afford utilities!

Yes I do think it was good advice. One thing I have learned, and the hard way, is it takes money to make money, even if you have to borrow money to get started.

LOL if a college graduate cannot support themselves then they waisted 4 years on a ******** all about feels degree. How about learning a trade instead, make more money and be in demand.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
>oh you are just dumb and poor, if ya had a time machine to go back to 1998 *or even five years ago* you could have bought a house for under $10k!

bro you may think what you want of me but i wouldn't live in that pitiful shack you bought. it doesn't have nearly enough space to run my business. my machinery literally wouldn't fit. lol

No offense here, but if you have your own business and equipment, then you should have bought a house by now.

I do wish you the best in your search, but you are where you are due to your choices in life, just like everyone else is where they are due to their choices in life.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hell here's a local one from April:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/bus...mes-not-welcomed-okc-homebuilders/9498518002/
>"It's not always investors, either," she said. "Sometimes it's a financially well-off family member or close friend who is able to finance the purchase with cash for the buyer.

>"I've had buyers looking (for a home for less than) $250,000 in Edmond since 2019. I don't even want to count how many offers I've written for them and we haven't won a single one."

>What's new is the rush of investors to buy new homes to offer as rentals.

>March ended with just an 18-day supply of houses for sale, a market still so tight that buyers keep paying more, sometimes way more, than sellers are asking, according to the Oklahoma City Metro Association of Realtors.

>With just an 18-day inventory of homes listed with Realtors, the first quarter ended with home sellers still in charge, driving sometimes desperate want-to-be buyers to extremes.

>Other notable statistics indicating a hot market benefitting sellers include:

• On average, homes sold in March after just 20 days, a week faster than a year ago, for 101.2% of asking price, the Realtors reported.
  • The median sales price was $256,000, an increase of 13.2% compared with March 2021, the Realtors said.
>"Cash offers or full appraisal gaps with financed offers are king in this market," said Kacie Kinney, an agent with Keller Williams Elite.

>One agent in a Facebook group for Realtors said she had a buyer pay $42,000 above asking price — $450,000 for a house listed for $408,000.

>Another agent she was working with three shoppers looking for homes for around $225,000 "who have offered $15,000 price gaps and offered over asking price and still lost several homes. This is absolutely insane."

>Another agent said she had a client who had made offers, with appraisal gap clauses, on seven homes in the $350,000-$400,000 range, with none successful.

>Another one said a client had made five offers, $20,000 over asking price, on homes listed from $205,000 to $220,000, with appraisal gaps covered, willing to take properties "as is," and: "None accepted."

And whats the point?

If you were selling a high demand item are you going to take less for it or are you going to hold out for the highest price you can get?

If I was to sell my property I am going to the most I can get, and if someone gets theirs feels hurt because they lose out to someone offering me $20,000 more, well pony up more than $20,000 extra or go away.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joey only knows what he's told about real estate by The Washington Post and the NY Times lol? Say it isn't so.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No offense here, but if you have your own business and equipment, then you should have bought a house by now.

I do wish you the best in your search, but you are where you are due to your choices in life, just like everyone else is where they are due to their choices in life.

This. IF and I say IF, someone has enough equipment to fill a house, then they should have a commercial space or their own house. IF they successful that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom