Meddling old people.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is great!

I for one would like people to quit putting these things in my damn yard! Super Dave is welcome to though. Prime Stillwater corner but other than that I get really sick of picking up tree trimming, political, garage sale, Beer\Pop cans, etc. The 25 feet from the major street is a utility easement not city owned, If I “OWN”, sod, weed and mow it, keep your crap off it!

There are very few actual public places where this is ok. Someone owns almost everything and maybe they don’t like trash on their land either.

+1001 I live on a corner and I don't want your litter / advertisement / GARAGE SALE sign. I remove them as soon as I see them. If the ads have an address, I take them their trash back and post it in their yard. If I see who is putting them out, I notify them I am calling PD and take a pic of the license plate. Acually had 1 old lady tell me the stop sign was not part of my property and it was legal for her to post there. But for some strange reason, she removed the sign when I took the pic.

But I am a meddling old fart

Last edited:

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what pisses me off is all the other people's trash in my yard. I think the winds culminate in a vortex right over my front yard and just dump the whole neighborhood's trash there. Every time I go mow I have to walk around the yard and pick up a trashbag full of crap.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could go either way. There are laws regarding those signs. If the signs were up within the law, then it is theft, but if they were violating the law then it is just litter removal.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3. Even if the signs are placed illegally, these people are not LEO's - Taking the law into their own hands here is vigilantism at best.

These people need to mind their own business and not worry about things that don't effect their life one bit.

So you want them to contact the police to have the sign removed? Seems like a good use of resources....
I guess those road side clean up people piss you off too since they are not LEO and are out there picking up trash.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Road side signs get no attention from me. If you have worked on my house/yard I'll leave the sign there for a short while. Otherwise, as stated above, fancy litter. There was an old Telephone pole in Duncan at 10th and Elder. I swear that pole had a million nails and staples in it.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this may seem petty...

Yes.

1. These people did pay for the signs, someone else did - so they are basically stealing.

The city has inspectors that pull "litter on a stick" on a daily basis and also has licensed citizen sign inspectors operating on the authority of the City. This is litter not adverting and as such can be punishable up to $100 or 10 days in jail if written a municipal citation.

2. The people who placed the signs are at least trying to work which helps our economy and these people, while enjoying the benefits of our economy such as getting their social security and medicare, want to curtail the business that funds their life.

Drug sealers are working too, that doesn't make it right. If the litters don't follow the city laws what makes you think they pay taxes?

3. Even if the signs are placed illegally, these people are not LEO's - Taking the law into their own hands here is vigilantism at best.

See above.

These people need to mind their own business and not worry about things that don't effect their life one bit.

I don't want to look at trash though out the city that the citizens pay to keep nice and clean.

Latest posts

Top Bottom