mike 'doomsday' morgan kfor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've suspected this is why he left channel 4 also. But I'm wondering how Michael Armstrong feels about this. He's a damn good weatherman himself and has a calm, collected and competent on-air personality.

And has Gary announced his retirement? I did not know that but I think it's probably time. He's pretty much set the bar for all others and there's nothing really left for him to do. He's done himself proud and I hope he steps out before he gets too slow in his old age.

Yeah, Its been announced. I don't remember the date.
Maybe finish out the year?

Moore Guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like how Emily Sutton describes ternaders..

Mike is funny too...

EMILY:I see a cyclinder forming
Mike: Its a barrel
Emily: The barrel is forming, heading state for shawnee mall!!
Mike: Its a CYLINDER BARREL GRINDER!!! HEADED STR8 4 SHAWNEE MALL
Mike: Its going straight for shawnee mall
Mike: Its going to hit shawnee mall
Mike: It hit shawnee mall

never hit shawnee mall...lol i was LMAO

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didnt realize how old Gary England is (born 10/03/1939), I know he started his broadcast career at KWTV a little over 40 yrs ago, he will be 74 or 75 year old if he retires next year. He cut his teeth on televised radar broadcasting and tornado chasing, that stuff was brand new back then.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
But I'm wondering how Michael Armstrong feels about this. He's a damn good weatherman himself and has a calm, collected and competent on-air personality.

My wife and I totally agree. Michael Armstrong is awesome...calm, collected and competent hits the nail on the head.

Mike Morgan is looking for an emmy like his old co-anchor/chaser David Payne that has one. Payne recently moved to Chan 9 along with the old chopper pilot from KFOR.
David Payne was chastized by Gary England like a 5 year old for babbling like an idiot during the latest chase, and he is the new Chief Meterologist when Gary retires later this year.

I missed the chastizing...video of that anywhere? I like David Payne as a newsroom weatherman, but it's almost unbearable listening to him as a storm chaser. He's yelling and repeating himself 3 times over every time something happens.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike Morgan is looking for an emmy like his old co-anchor/chaser David Payne that has one. Payne recently moved to Chan 9 along with the old chopper pilot from KFOR.
David Payne was chastized by Gary England like a 5 year old for babbling like an idiot during the latest chase, and he is the new Chief Meterologist when Gary retires later this year.

God help us all.....

I really hope this does not happen. Always enjoyed how Gary and most of the KWTV crew does not get overly excited or exaggerate the forecast like KFOR always does. Michael Armstrong would make a great replacement or Jed Castles too. David Payne is good for morning comedy and that is about it. Don't want him directing the forecast for the whole crew.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really hope this does not happen. Always enjoyed how Gary and most of the KWTV crew does not get overly excited or exaggerate the forecast like KFOR always does. Michael Armstrong would make a great replacement or Jed Castles too. David Payne is good for morning comedy and that is about it. Don't want him directing the forecast for the whole crew.
I agree with you and Dennis, I know Okie 4570 feels the same way. We could start a petition to stop him from taking Garys place.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Michael Armstrong would make a great replacement
He'd be a damn sight better than Payne. Nothing against Payne, but that is one excitable boy; he needs about a half a Valium for a normal forecast. From what I've seen, Armstrong is unflappable on air, though he does occasionally get off into the technical weeds. When I was listening to them on Friday night, Gary asked him what was happening and he started going on about wind velocities and such 'til Gary (gently) said "nobody knows what you're talking about." :) That got him back on track.

Gary is definitely less excitable than he used to be, and I think having to referee between Payne and Val has helped that moderation even more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom