mike 'doomsday' morgan kfor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in The Colony in Dallas Friday night while the tornado bore down on downtown OKC and my warehouse was in its path. Huckleberry's and my home, also, were in the storms' crosshairs for a time. I had to listen to FOX4 and the Weather Channel staff. They kept letting Mike Morgan cut in and report the storm. The 3 storm chaser goofballs that got too close and had 2 of 3 cars destroyed could not hold a candle to David or Mike Morgan. You don't appreciate what you have with the finest weather radar in the country until you don't have it and your properties and family are in harms way. I kept saying "Let Mike Morgan tell us what is happening". They may get pumped up on adrenaline and have their rush but I can overlook that when I have hundred's of thousands of dollars on the line.

Okie85

New to the site!
Reaction score
You know in the end the people that got killed it was THERE CHOICE to leave just as it was for every one else that left or stayed,and everyone is still shook up after the moore tornado, yeah people got killed in both but no telling how many would have died if they stayed home could have been more or less we don't know and will never no its a chance we all take wether we stay or go it was just one of those freak things.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kind of feel for these guys. They're not calm/collected first responders, troopers, medics, ect... They don't see this stuff everyday. They are science nerds.

While they're all on tv causing "panic in the streets", I think of the 154 people that died in Joplin, and the 1150-ish people that took direct injuries due to that particular single storm, mostly because homes are ill-equipped there, and the lack of experience in the media market there.

These guys have no idea how big a tornado will get. All they can do, once they discover one, is estimate and update the path, and give the most advanced notice they can. With half an hour notice, I probably would have taken off too as my OKC place had no shelter, and most shelters fill up as thunderstorms form in what was my neck of the woods. (Honestly, turned away from two different shelters in '11 when the Piedmont and Chickasha tornados where hitting the road.)

Three major storms/tornados in densely populated areas within two weeks, under 40 deaths. Yeah, what a bunch of fear mongering @ssholes... I'll give our guys a pass (except David Payne, screw him) They do what they can, weather nerdgasms and all.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kind of feel for these guys. They're not calm/collected first responders, troopers, medics, ect... They don't see this stuff everyday. They are science nerds.

While they're all on tv causing "panic in the streets", I think of the 154 people that died in Joplin, and the 1150-ish people that took direct injuries due to that particular single storm, mostly because homes are ill-equipped there, and the lack of experience in the media market there.

These guys have no idea how big a tornado will get. All they can do, once they discover one, is estimate and update the path, and give the most advanced notice they can. With half an hour notice, I probably would have taken off too as my OKC place had no shelter, and most shelters fill up as thunderstorms form in what was my neck of the woods. (Honestly, turned away from two different shelters in '11 when the Piedmont and Chickasha tornados where hitting the road.)

Three major storms/tornados in densely populated areas within two weeks, under 40 deaths. Yeah, what a bunch of fear mongering @ssholes... I'll give our guys a pass (except David Payne, screw him) They do what they can, weather nerdgasms and all.

They're not immune from a review of their actions.

If they exaggerated threats, that's not an indictment against storm prediction in general like you allude to. It just means they shouldn't exaggerate threats.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're not immune from a review of their actions.

If they exaggerated threats, that's not an indictment against storm prediction in general like you allude to. It just means they shouldn't exaggerate threats.

I get that, I too gave my opinion earlier in the thread before the try-hard hate fest started. Have an example of a non-threatening tornado?

Latest posts

Top Bottom