mike 'doomsday' morgan kfor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Three major storms/tornados in densely populated areas within two weeks, under 40 deaths. Yeah, what a bunch of fear mongering @ssholes... I'll give our guys a pass (except David Payne, screw him) They do what they can, weather nerdgasms and all.

Why not David Payne?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anybody take note that three of the fatalities were Storm Chasers?
From what I'm told, their deaths were very surprising to the storm chasing community (and I mean the actual researchers, not the glory hounds). Their reputation was that they were very much on the conservative side in their chasing, not risk-takers.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike "Morgasm" Morgan is just a drama queen!!! There is a reason why they only show him from the waist up during severe weather ... its so that we dont inadvertantly see his weather vane

kerryt1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rick Mitchell FTW. 4 is lesser of evils, and they have 2 dopplers, a good helicopter setup (although the 9 guy is a better reporter), and they seem to be accurate. I don't like how much they break in for piddle stuff, and how quickly they go to full time coverage. I'd rather be griping about this than live in Joplin and not have any warnings.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rick Mitchell FTW. 4 is lesser of evils, and they have 2 dopplers, a good helicopter setup (although the 9 guy is a better reporter), and they seem to be accurate. I don't like how much they break in for piddle stuff, and how quickly they go to full time coverage. I'd rather be griping about this than live in Joplin and not have any warnings.

I didn't realize this until a couple of weeks ago when oklahomabassin mentioned it, Rick is long gone.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/stories/Rick-Mitchell-167391025.html

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mike Morgan is looking for an emmy like his old co-anchor/chaser David Payne that has one. Payne recently moved to Chan 9 along with the old chopper pilot from KFOR.
David Payne was chastized by Gary England like a 5 year old for babbling like an idiot during the latest chase, and he is the new Chief Meterologist when Gary retires later this year.

God help us all.....

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mike Morgan is looking for an emmy like his old co-anchor/chaser David Payne that has one. Payne recently moved to Chan 9 along with the old chopper pilot from KFOR.
David Payne was chastized by Gary England like a 5 year old for babbling like an idiot during the latest chase, and he is the new Chief Meterologist when Gary retires later this year.

God help us all.....

I've suspected this is why he left channel 4 also. But I'm wondering how Michael Armstrong feels about this. He's a damn good weatherman himself and has a calm, collected and competent on-air personality.

And has Gary announced his retirement? I did not know that but I think it's probably time. He's pretty much set the bar for all others and there's nothing really left for him to do. He's done himself proud and I hope he steps out before he gets too slow in his old age.

Latest posts

Top Bottom