Mindy McCready dead of apparent suicide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have pretty strong feelings about suicide and people who commit it, especially when they have a family who depends on them. I've been directly effected by it so ill keep those feelings to myself. Nowadays, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who HASN'T been directly effected by it. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I think we share the same sentiments.

Glock N Load

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant imagine how bad things in your life have to get to think the only way out is suicide. One of my biggest fears as a father is dying before I can raise my children until they are ready to go out on they're own. To take your own life is the most selfish thing a person can do in my opinion! Her poor kids are who will suffer the most. I just cant fathom leaving my kids to suicide. I will pray for those poor children.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Her death was 100% preventable, IF we had a mental health system that was worth a damn at all in this country. Unfortunately, opposing sides came together in the early 80's and deinstitutionalized patients in mental hospitals held against their will. left-wing reformers who thought they were protecting the "rights" of mental patients teamed up with right-wing libertarians to discharge patients. Reagan was for reducing monetary burdens on states and the ACLU thought institutionalizing people was a violation of their rights.

Since then, people who desperately need help are frequently abandoned. They make up a sizable portion of the full-time homeless population, because there's no place to put them and no one wants anything to do with them. When you research mass killings, there's a significant upward trend ever since that point in time. It's sad and pathetic, and both sides are at fault. :(

Well stated and so true. Many people self-medicate because of lack of mental health care.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have plenty of mental health care if you can afford it, although some would question it's quality.
Looks like the system may have failed again in this case...

[Mindy McCready threatened suicide after losing custody of her sons earlier this month, yet she was allowed to leave a court-ordered drug rehabilitation program just days before she apparently killed herself at her Arkansas home, her ex-boyfriend said Monday.

Billy McKnight, who was in a long, stormy relationship with McCready and is the father of her oldest child, Zander, said the 37-year-old mother of two stayed in the substance abuse treatment center for about 18 hours before she was allowed to walk free....]

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-boyfriend-...1lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QDUUVfVGVzdA--;_ylv=3

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Her death was 100% preventable, IF we had a mental health system that was worth a damn at all in this country. Unfortunately, opposing sides came together in the early 80's and deinstitutionalized patients in mental hospitals held against their will. left-wing reformers who thought they were protecting the "rights" of mental patients teamed up with right-wing libertarians to discharge patients. Reagan was for reducing monetary burdens on states and the ACLU thought institutionalizing people was a violation of their rights.

Since then, people who desperately need help are frequently abandoned. They make up a sizable portion of the full-time homeless population, because there's no place to put them and no one wants anything to do with them. When you research mass killings, there's a significant upward trend ever since that point in time. It's sad and pathetic, and both sides are at fault. :(

Dead on. ^^^^^^^

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I know 'way more about it than I would wish. The after effects on family and friends are immense.

I hope the boys get adequate assistance.

Raking up suspicions and theories is pointless.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey take it how you want, she lived a sad life and ended it sadly but I dont feel much sympathy for her and how she lived at least for the last 10 years or so. If it was not for her being famous to some extent everybody on here would just consider her a scumbag criminal & druggie that ended her own life. I am not sure if she was considered a suspect but they were questioning her pretty good about the suspicous death of her boyfriend too. so not jumping to conclusions but she could be a murderer too.

"Questioning her pretty good" is what law enforcement sometimes does when a partner commits suicide. A friend of mine was in the room with her husband when he committed suicide. Between aggressive questioning by law enforcement and a dogged investigative reporter, she was subjected to incredible stresses at a very difficult time in her life.

If McCready was subjected to the kind of questioning my (fortunately very mentally stable) friend had to endure, it could have been contributory to the state of mind that ended in her very bad decision.

Having said that, there is something that everyone close to a suicide needs know. The decision, regardless of anything anyone else may have done or not done, is ultimately that of the person who kills themself. To blame yourself of any other survivor is to make the false assumption that we can control the internal thought processes of others.

I am sorry for her, and for those she hurt.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I hope the boys get adequate assistance.

It is a sad situation.

I lost a childhood friend to suicide,
he left his wife and children to try and deal with it,
just like his father had done to him years before.

You wonder if some help when my friend was trying to deal
with his fathers suicide could have prevented his suicide.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Her death was 100 percent preventable - if all guns would have just been banned then this couldnt have happened. We need to ban all guns now. If it only saves one life, we must act to prevent anyone else from this fate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom