Minimum Wage - the fallout!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would someone take a job for no pay?

Thats a good question, but that does not the direction I am trying to steer the discussion.

I am trying to make the point that without wage laws, vulnerable people can be taken advantage of. People who have very little might work for very little. There are always needy people...

Either you think the government has no business protecting those people or you think the government should protect those people. is that right?

Whats to stop someone from taking a boat to a place where people have nothing, bringing them to 'merica and paying them little to nothing?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats a good question, but that does not the direction I am trying to steer the discussion.

I am trying to make the point that without wage laws, vulnerable people can be taken advantage of. People who have very little might work for very little. There are always needy people...

Either you think the government has no business protecting those people or you think the government should protect those people. is that right?

Whats to stop someone from taking a boat to a place where people have nothing, bringing them to 'merica and paying them little to nothing?

Really???
How about bridges, to the south????

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People who have very little might work for very little. There are always needy people...

So minimum wage workers have a lot? I think a minimum wage is okay for the most part, but combine that with all the other handouts the government and other orgs give out with little real oversight and it is no wonder I have to pay for my kids college while low income minimum wage workers do not since they are "poor". My favorite is all the people driving nicer cars than my family swiping their free daycare card at daycare, while I write my check out.

As a federal employee I did not see a cost of living increase for several years here recently, but in turn we are going to raise the minimum wage due to the cost of living.

Reminds me of the no child left behind policy. Dumb the smart kids down so the dumb kids don't feel bad...

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it just me or do all the "studies" complain about how little a family of 4 makes, with just one person working? I make well over minimum wage, so does my wife we both work and would have a difficult time if only one of us worked.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
loudshirt, that's because you are working so the lazy people can have free phones, subsidized housing, free baby sitting for when they get their nails done, the almighty EBT card and of course SNAP/food stamps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom