Morels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sandy loam soil along creeks or rivers. Hot spots are often where dozer work was done within last year. Sometimes old burnt areas produce too.

Dozer works for me. Our honey hole had the ditches rebuilt a couple of years ago. Found some just driving by. BTW our honey hole is across the road from a small community. I guess they don't like or look for morels.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I was living around Konawa and Sasakwa we would find them under cedar trees along the South Canadian river. Now living north of Stillwater I have yet to find one growing under a cedar tree. All I do is look for a standing dead elm trees and then look for the morels under the trees. Seems to work for me.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So much dozer work on the place where I have found them in the past that it isn't even funny. Lots of downed trees, sandy loam, etc. All of the ingredients according to you guys' recipe are there so we will see how good of "cooks" you really are.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So much dozer work on the place where I have found them in the past that it isn't even funny. Lots of downed trees, sandy loam, etc. All of the ingredients according to you guys' recipe are there so we will see how good of "cooks" you really are.

In the timber where the road forks, where we parked when we made our first predator call set looked prime.

imasoonerfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I was living around Konawa and Sasakwa we would find them under cedar trees along the South Canadian river. Now living north of Stillwater I have yet to find one growing under a cedar tree. All I do is look for a standing dead elm trees and then look for the morels under the trees. Seems to work for me.

Thanks for the tip. I will be at Sasakwa the first week of April! :thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom