Morels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just spotted a dogwood blooming across the fence today. It won't be long. With the temps in the high 70's scheduled for this weekend, they might start popping out......or the turkey might be gobbling.......or the crappie might be biting...... sandbass are moving up the river.....

What is a person to do this weekend???

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just spotted a dogwood blooming across the fence today. It won't be long. With the temps in the high 70's scheduled for this weekend, they might start popping out......or the turkey might be gobbling.......or the crappie might be biting...... sandbass are moving up the river.....

What is a person to do this weekend???

You can do all of the above with a flashlight, except for the turkey.........problem solved!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can do all of the above with a flashlight, except for the turkey.........problem solved!

LOL! I was talking to my buddy tonight. We are seriously considering taking vacation right now. I'm a total deer fanatic, but this time of the year has to be close to the ultimate time of year for anybody that likes the outdoors.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have never been a mushroom fan, but am always up for trying something new. I'm taking the pup out this weekend shed hunting and will have to keep my eye out for some of these. A couple questions for ya. What is so special about morels? Are they similar to any mushroom you can buy? How do you prefer to cook/eat them?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They don't look like a shiitake shroom in the store, I think there's pics in this thread. There easily identifiable and safe to eat, and can only be found for a few days so I guess that's the appeal. If you've got access to the river or spring fed creeks, you've should be able to find some. Look at www.thegreatmorel.com Good luck with the pup!

Latest posts

Top Bottom