Most ignorant anti argument to date.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have any of you guys ran into this gem of an argument in favor of magazine restrictions? "If you can't hit a bad guy with 7 or 8 rounds, you shouldn't own a gun in the first place."

I guess these people have never seen or thought of an instance where there is more than one attacker or a drug crazed perp that doesn't respond to multiple hits from a handgun.

The example that immediately pops in my head is that woman in GA that shot an intruder in the face 5 times with a .38 and the guy lived. Can you imagine if that guy had an accomplice? I promise you she would have liked to have as many rounds on hand as possible. As a matter of fact even without an accomplice, I'd bet after her revolver went click and that guy was still alive and kicking, she wished she had more capacity at that moment.

Just can't believe some people have enough brain power to breath when they come at you with an argument that weak. No ability to comprehend unforeseen circumstances.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. One of my old school mates on facebook ranted about that a few weeks ago. He stated that he is a big gun guy and that anyone who needs 30 rounds doesn't know anything about shooting and shouldn't have gun.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was having this exact same conversion with a FBI and local leo. The TPD guy was stating about how when he in the academy there was an altercation with two cops and one drugged perp. In all he was shot 11 times, 6 with a .38 special (i forget the second, I believe a .40) all of which in point blank one of which was directly to the chest cavity. Even after the first 7-8 rounds he was still able to take one of the cops( female trainee) and shoot her and kill her with it. Why do people think police upgraded to weapons with higher capacity , for funzies?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was having this exact same conversion with a FBI and local leo. The TPD guy was stating about how when he in the academy there was an altercation with two cops and one drugged perp. In all he was shot 11 times, 6 with a .38 special (i forget the second, I believe a .40) all of which in point blank one of which was directly to the chest cavity. Even after the first 7-8 rounds he was still able to take one of the cops( female trainee) and shoot her and kill her with it. Why do people think police upgraded to weapons with higher capacity , for funzies?

High capacity mags save lives. Should be a slogan for the movement.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
High capacity mags save lives. Should be a slogan for the movement.

LOL kind of a double edge live, can help save the life of the leo carrying it... You can find a wealth of information about leo encounters where a perp who's been shot MULTIPLE times who still does a lot of damage. Kind of a dead and doesn't know it yet type deal

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot a ton of deer, blowing their heart/lungs into mush with a 30-06. They still run a little bit.
Death is caused by the lack of blood flow to the brain. Immobility or dropping on the spot is caused by damage to the central nervous system.

Shoot a bad guy in the chest a little off center, and they keep coming, for a bit, and keep shooting. They can shoot a lot in 2 seconds.

Hit them center mass, take out the spine, or head hitting the base of the spine, they are down instantly. Rarely does that happen in a gun fight.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew I had a vague memory of this incident. I thought he was high on drugs but looks like he only had alcohol in him. Crazy.

http://www.lawofficer.com/article/training/officer-down-peter-soulis-inci

Remarkably, Palmer had taken 22 hits from Soulis' .40-caliber Glock, 17 of which had hit center mass. Despite the fact that the weapon had been loaded with Ranger SXTs considered by many to be one of the best man-stoppers available Palmer lived for more than four minutes after the last shot was fired. His autopsy revealed nothing more than a small amount of alcohol in his bloodstream. Although Soulis could not have known it, Palmer was wanted for murder in a neighboring state.

Game. Set. Match. Magazine bans kill good people. This one incident should be a debate ender on mag restrictions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom