Mowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like to mow?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters

XDTime

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love yard work. I cut the grass at least twice a week (ZT back yard & rotary front yard). It's like therapy after sitting at a desk most of the day. Favorite tunes, exercise, sun, what's not to like.

Attachments

• IMG_3768.JPG
    IMG_3768.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • NMCK3176.JPG
    NMCK3176.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone else like to mow? It's about to end for the year and I bought a new to me mower. This is a good time to buy due to going out of mowing season. I thought if I’d waited this deal would be gone and prices would go up in the spring. I couldn’t pass it up!

I've used it one time and this thing makes beautiful stripes. I thought my Hustler did a great job, but it doesn't quite compare to this. And it shreds the grass like no other. It shoots out almost a dust.

Not that I would ever mow at this speed, but it will cut at 10.5 mph.

View attachment 412014

View attachment 412015

View attachment 412016
My old Bad Boy was 11 yras old, and used up. I was going to have to replace it, as well as a trim mower, and weed eater. I had about settled on a $5,000.00 zero turn mower, one like this would likely be in the $10,000.00 neighborhood, new. I'm 77 , fat and lazy, and got to wondering how many times I could have my yard mowed, and trimmed, for what I a was about to spend? I estimated the amount of interest lost, or paided on this amount of money, the cost of fuel, oil, filters, parts, etc and estimated the life of this new mower, and other equipment, at 8 years! Guess what I could have this lawn work done for 8 years for the same amount of money, or less!! I pay a lawn service $75.00 per mowing, about one acre, they mow once a week in the wetter part of the summer, and every two weeks in the dryer part, these guys have top of the line equip, like this above, and usuially have three YOUNG men do the job very well in about 15 or 20 minutes! I usually set on the porch in a rocking chair, of inside under the AC, if it's to hot, and say GOOD JOB GUYS!!

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mowing. I really enjoy it. It’s my 2nd best time of thinking and making plans ( 1st is when I’m trying to sleep). I don’t do the manicured lawn thing. If it’s green and not a sticker and covers the dirt— I like it.

Weedeater. Not my favorite. I too have Stihl WITH the bicycle type handles that I think are a must. Over 25 years old and never a problem with normal occasional maintenance

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found out through allergy testing that I was allergic to Bermuda grass. I will shower asap after mowing and that helps keep the symptoms down. (Send me the pics of some guns.)
Buffalo grass for me. I mowed a friend's lawn for the summer while his wife was getting a new liver. He had Buffalo grass and it almost killed me. Just a plain old dust mask wouldn't work I had to mow with a genuine GI issue gas mask. If that wasn't a sight to behold for passing motorists.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I WISH I could do all my mowing in 1.5 hours. Takes me 3+ hrs...over 4 if I do the ditch. That includes hooking up the brush mower, too. I did just get a PTO Link gizmo that makes hooking up the implements to the tractor PTO take like 15 seconds.
I'd like to hear more about the PTO link. @ OK Corgi Rancher

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I WISH I could do all my mowing in 1.5 hours. Takes me 3+ hrs...over 4 if I do the ditch. That includes hooking up the brush mower, too. I did just get a PTO Link gizmo that makes hooking up the implements to the tractor PTO take like 15 seconds.
I would be OK with taking that long to mow if it meant I had a lot of property. I look forward to the day that I can make use of a good zero turn mower (or a tractor with a finish mower).

Man I hate living in town anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom