Muzzle loader starts this weekend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
pyrodex 50/50's here. In every muzzle loader I and my wife shoot. Eliminates accidental over-charging and makes for easy, consistent charges every time. They are more expensive, I will say that. I consider the safety margin worth it for both of us.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I was given a box of the White Hot Pellets, tried them in my Knight, which is what my daughter has been shooting. No issues like with the Pyrodex pellets, strange to have white residue instead of black though. One pellet and a power belt has been the ticket for a low recoil load for her.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got mine to an "acceptable" level on sighting in today; starting to wonder if its in the scope? It's not the cheapest but not a high dollar scope (Bushnell Banner 3-9x40). Have any of you guys experienced a muzzleloader being "too hard" on a cheaper scope due to recoil? It's shot fine up til this year, scope is only about 5 years old, probably didn't even have 50 shots fired under it. Thanks and good luck to everyone headed out tomorrow!

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Am I likely to get my face shot off if I plant a foot on public with a bow this weekend. Now that it's getting cold I am anxious to get back out. Won't go during a rifle season though. I learned that lesson

Waiting sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got mine to an "acceptable" level on sighting in today; starting to wonder if its in the scope? It's not the cheapest but not a high dollar scope (Bushnell Banner 3-9x40). Have any of you guys experienced a muzzleloader being "too hard" on a cheaper scope due to recoil? It's shot fine up til this year, scope is only about 5 years old, probably didn't even have 50 shots fired under it. Thanks and good luck to everyone headed out tomorrow!

I had 1 back in my cheap days that had the back glass come loose and rattle around.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had 1 back in my cheap days that had the back glass come loose and rattle around.

Well I haven't seen anything loose/broken yet, crosshairs are still stable, glass good, etc. Just figured that no more than it gets shot, short distances, not being "precision" by nature, etc that a $90 scope would suffice...maybe I was wrong! Thanks

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I haven't seen anything loose/broken yet, crosshairs are still stable, glass good, etc. Just figured that no more than it gets shot, short distances, not being "precision" by nature, etc that a $90 scope would suffice...maybe I was wrong! Thanks

Mine was a Trashco World Crap scope. I was in college and couldn't afford better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom