My guilty denim pleasure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A young man early 20s wore a pair of those fancy jeans one day to a safety meeting (oilfield). No idea on brand but they had glittery shiny buttons all over. He caught so much hell about his jeans.

:lmfao: :lmfao:

I have seen this same hazing play out at a hands' on vet-tech seminar for undergrads ... It was on a large ranch in Stephens County ... Disco was the rage ... but apparently the old timers showing the newbs how to run cattle through the chute that day were not as fashion conscious as that one young fella ... LOL

(Yes, I made fun of him too ... I had enough sense about me to show up in work clothes. I bet he burned those jeans when he got home. I'm really surprised he didn't spontaneously combust he was so embarrassed ... :D )

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just can't bring myself to pay that much for jeans. I've got some friends who swear by big star and rock revival and they just cost to dang much for me. I received a pair of 1791 jeans as a gift and they are tough as nails and comfortable but I won't pay what they get for them. 150 bucks is too much especially with custom embroidery and sequins. An affliction shirt or even better a "vintage pearl snap" and some faux skin "print" boots and you'd be ready for brick town. Congrats to the op on the weight loss.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm funny you guys should mention the affliction shirt... I found an Archaic t-shirt that I really like the looks of.

Been looking at some pop icon button down shirts they have some embroidery but they're subtle not mega blinged.

As for boots I have a pair of well worn Oakley tactical boots in tan or some brown leather redheads. Oil stained desert tan or worn leather appears to be the fashionable look in men's footwear and I don't have to pay extra for shoes that look like they're well worn, already own them.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a hard time finding good jeans. Most of the ones that are tough and long lasting are too tight for me... I like to pocket carry sometimes, and it is pretty hard to draw out of tight jeans... either that or they have some queer lookin embroidery. So I usually just get some cheap Old Navy jeans. I wear out the knees in them in a couple years or so, but I just buy some more.

I hate when I spot what looks like a good lookin striped dress shirt, only to turn it over and see that it's got some crazy print going over the shoulder or some ****. I guess this is what it's like to get old. Come to think of it, I chased a young urban youth out of my yard earlier last year. Damn kids, stomping on my yard signs. Somebody needs to teach those whippersnappers a little respect!

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Approves this thread:
graphics8.nytimes.com_images_2007_11_20_timestopics_galliano3.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom