My wife is painting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
the butler's pantry. (Whatever that is. An alcove between the kitchen and dining room.) Anyhow, we are having the rest of the house painted in stages but she wanted this room to be an "accent color" and she finally decided on the color. She started while I was in the shower. First time painting so although I am glad I'm not painting myself, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my mouth shut. 10 foot ceiling and she is on a ladder. No drop cloth. Oh boy. Hopefully the worst we have is nothing more than new family lore and the best is the room is painted and I didn't have to do it.
Bubba, I been married 33 years and know a trap when I see one !! If you do not help, you will never hear the end of it. :cool:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bubba, I been married 33 years and know a trap when I see one !! If you do not help, you will never hear the end of it. :cool:
^This^

My wife took 6 months to pick out a grey color for ALL of our walls. It kept changing in the afternoon sunlight and was too dark for the inside hallway. :yikes2::boxing3: I picked one out in the very beginning when she asked me to. It was called Perfection Grey.
Guess what she finally picked.

You see when we were young and newly married we bought a small little Cape Cod house with asbestos shingles. We decided to side it with vinyl and Alcoa had a grey that looked blue when we put up blue shutters and green when we installed green. She fell in love with the versatility of grey so my house is now grey instead of beige.

You see I noticed this about my wife and I kept a small piece of that siding for future reference. I slipped it out when I picked out the grey.

She's afraid of a color palette because it won't look good in 10 years because some designer decides to change this decades color palette. Kinda like the pumpkin spice latte.

Latest posts

Top Bottom