Nashville School Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Almost every time one of these tragedies occurs, there are friend, family, etc. saying that it didn’t surprise them, or they were under the care of a mental health professional, and on and on.

The “red flag” concept holds a major answer to stopping these events,but the way they have been presented will never pass muster.

I sure don’t have the answer, but it falls on us, as family members and/or friends to step up the the plate and do something when we see a family member or friend heading toward trouble. Some years ago, a friend of my brother was having a pretty rough time of anxiety/depression. My brother was able to get him to move his firearms to my brother’s for a while as he went through a time of counseling and recovery. It wouldn’t always be that easy, but each of us has more influence on others than we imagine.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here we go again....some here want to put more stipulations on the 2nd with red flags waving everywhere. How bout we put the squeeze on the 1st this time. Let's say when/if this tragedies happen you're only allowed to show the pictures of the deceased and not allowed to show any of the crazie's pictures and try to make martyrs out of them. We can tack up a new letter to the agency and add extra manpower. Call it the ATF&P. What? Doesn't make any sense....hmmmmm

Last edited:

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was think more along the lines of getting them away from their 'weird' friends and off of (or at least reduce) their social app dependence by showing them more wholesome endeavors like helping kids/animals or actually working (ranch or farm) in a rural atmosphere.
I understand and agree(even further). My point is given this situation if that was done it would be used by them and their advocates as more proof of oppression and torture justifying violent reactions. They'd probably say they were being sent to the country to be genocided by the cows, sad part is many would agree with the first part and some even the second.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These problems of unsecured school building existed long before we started sending vast amounts of money to Ukraine.
The problems of school shootings existed long before we started sending vast amounts of money to Ukraine.

Put the blame where it actually lays - City and State Governments that don't want to spend the money to fortify their schools or to hire SRO's to protect our kids.
The Gov. didn't remove the officers, that was done by parents and advocates.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Gov. didn't remove the officers, that was done by parents and advocates.
Not necessarily. Local school systems have officers, but Moore RSOs, rotate through the schools, if an officer is needed, they have to be called from one school to the school that needs them. Funding is the problem there. Most districts have the same issues. I have sent emails, and in a couple of instances, spoken face to face with different elected representatives suggesting that additional funding, limited to school officers only, be made available. Many others have done the same, and there seems to be some support for the ideas.

Voicing our displeasure on an Internet forum doesn’t do much, but going to the lawmakers could.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here we go again....some here want to put more stipulations on the 2nd with red flags waving everywhere. How bout we put the squeeze on the 1st this time. Let's say when/if this tragedies happen you're only allowed to show the pictures of the deceased and not allowed to show any of the crazie's pictures and try to make martyrs out of them. We can tack up a new letter to the agency and add extra manpower. Call it the ATF&P. What? Doesn't make any sense....hmmmmm
I think there is some potential to this idea also. However, there really hasn't been much "copy cat" events. Yes, there has been many at schools, but also theaters, outdoor concerts, walmarts, grocery stores, parades, etc.

There will not be a single answer to make this stop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom