Needing a new handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beretta 92fs you will not regret it!!!

Ew.

m&p easy choice

Seriously. How is the Taurus even in the discussion?

I would vote the m&p 9mm. xdm is not a bad choice for a range gun. There is also the 1911 chambered in 9mm. All good choices.

FWIW, I played musical handguns for over a year before settling on the M&P for both competition and carry use. I own all three 9mm variants (fullsize, compact, & pro). All incredibly reliable. Some of the best ergos, great sight options, & highly tunable triggers. A whole buttload of aftermarket support now, too. Mags are way cheaper than the Taurus. Holsters are also more available. The triggers can be tuned very well by a competent smith, which is a must, because the stock triggers on all these guns totally suck.

I admittedly treat my M&Ps very badly. I haven't cleaned my Pro since I bought it...

atrain08

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that the Taurus doesn't compare to a Sig, in quality terms for one thing. I just really like the feel of it. The factory trigger is horrible on the M&P but it's a minor thing IMO.

A p226, and a HK is certainly an option too. I had kind of forgot about both of those. One thing I disliked about my sig was the long trigger travel, and reset distance while shooting SA. Should I mention I don't want to spend more than $600? New or used I don't care. I've been watching the classifieds on here as much as possible but I work 10 hour days so by the time I see something, it's already sold!

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot to say that I have had trouble with taurus and would never purchase one of their firearms. Customer service was decent, but missing parts in a new gun? Quality control has to suck.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Missing parts in a new gun? That's a serious issue.

I handled the return of my friends taurus 24/7 pro ds. I tried to ask what parts were missing, but the lady had no idea and didn't know how to find out. I didn't really care because it wasn't mine. It would fail to feed about every 3rd round, and the top of the chamber that is usually flat had 2 monsterous grooves in it like drainage ditches after about 150 rds. They replaced whatever missing parts there were and buffed out most but not all of the trenches on the chamber. It took them 6 weeks and they paid for the shipping to and from. They told me up front it would take 6 weeks, and they were dead on. Customer service was decent to deal with but missing parts is unacceptable. I will try to take it to the range this weekend and see if it's fixed. It hasn't been shot since it came back.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm delighted with the pistol,,,
If you haven't handled one you should give it a feel.

My 9mm is wonderful,,,
awww.aarondgraham.com_pics_tmavazena.jpg

So is the .22 LR version,,,
awww.aarondgraham.com_pics_malasestra.jpg

I'm not saying they are any better than other quality guns,,,
But they are at least worth looking at,,,
You might like them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom