Needing a new handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atrain08

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I sold one of my Sigs a couple months ago and I'm looking for something new. I'm torn between the Taurus 24/7 OSS, and the S&W M&P. I want a full size 9mm. I've held both, haven't shot either. I like the feel of the Taurus the best, plus I have the smaller Taurus pt111 Millenium pro as well and it's been flawless. Any of you own either and would like to add some good or bad things about them? I like the feel of both of them enough that I could go with either one, and be pleased with it.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both and really like them both, but the feel of the M&P 9 is so sweet.
Seems like it shoots a little more accurate. Anyway, I'd go with the Smith.

atrain08

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved my sig. I only sold it so I could get something with a little more barrel length, and the price of .40 ammo was killing me. It was a p229. I really dislike the feel of the beretta's so that's not on my list. Any other full size 9's you all want to suggest that are good range guns?

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would vote the m&p 9mm. xdm is not a bad choice for a range gun. There is also the 1911 chambered in 9mm. All good choices.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No way I'd trade a Sig for a Taurus. I'm just sayin...

Of the two choices there is really only one. The M&P. Taurus just doesn't compare. And yes I had a Millineum too and it never malf'd on me once in about 800 rounds.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved my sig. I only sold it so I could get something with a little more barrel length, and the price of .40 ammo was killing me. It was a p229. I really dislike the feel of the beretta's so that's not on my list. Any other full size 9's you all want to suggest that are good range guns?

Get a P226 :sunbath:

Sig makes them in enough flavors that surely there's one for you.

Here's the uber-tactical-ninja Sig P226R Blackwater Combat Threaded Barrel:

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Sigs_DSCN0973.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Sigs_DSCN0976.jpg

Here's an HK Custom Combat (If I were you, I'd get one of these before I'd get a Taurus OSS):

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_HK_20USP_20Custom_20Combat_IMG_6238.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom