Needing a new handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why not try a Sig p226 E2 (the new ergonomic Sigs). I have a 226 in 9mm and LOVE it! I don't have the new ergonomic 226, but I've held one and it feels great to me. Here's the quote I got from their web site about the E2:

A NEW LOOK AND FEEL FOR THE CLASSIC P226®. SIG SAUER’s new E2 Enhanced Ergonomics P226 pistols incorporate a reduced circumference, one-piece modular grip with improved texture. Used in conjunction with other ergonomic innovations including the reduced reach trigger, SRT™ Short Reset Trigger system and more, the E2 pistols ergonomically fit a much wider range of hand sizes.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely the M&P, I went through a few different handguns before landing with the M&P. I purchased a 9L and plan to buy a compact for a CCW very soon.

Reaction score
Initial thoughts:

When you say "full-sized", does this mean it's a home/car defense gun only which will not be carried at all?

Are you wanting a "long-slide" version? (which I would recommend if the answer to that first question is yes).

If the Taurus grip feels good to you, then you probably have small-medium hands like me - thus, I'd look for thinner double-stacks if going that route, including such types as CZ75, BHP, Taurus, M&P, Walther, XD, etc., or a single stack. The Beretta 92, Sig 226, HK, Glock, etc., are blocky and not good for people like us, unless you just like that "thick feel".

However, THIS:

Why not try a Sig p226 E2 (the new ergonomic Sigs). I have a 226 in 9mm and LOVE it! I don't have the new ergonomic 226, but I've held one and it feels great to me. Here's the quote I got from their web site about the E2:

A NEW LOOK AND FEEL FOR THE CLASSIC P226®. SIG SAUER’s new E2 Enhanced Ergonomics P226 pistols incorporate a reduced circumference, one-piece modular grip with improved texture. Used in conjunction with other ergonomic innovations including the reduced reach trigger, SRT™ Short Reset Trigger system and more, the E2 pistols ergonomically fit a much wider range of hand sizes.

sounds really interesting and positive.

Whether you like Taurus or not, think they're good or not, you've got to hand it to Taurus for innovation - they were the first to engineer very ergo grips, which in .45 acp thankfully killed off the .45 GAP, and their innovation has led the way for others to follow - I dare say Sig would never have offered this new pistol this soon, but for Taurus leading the market in that direction, and forcing the competition to follow (though there's not a lot of direct competition between Sig and Taurus buyers - but the dominoes fall up the chain through M&P, etc.)

Certainly cannot argue with the M&P recommendations - seems like a really really solid handgun, by all accounts. Certainly it's ergo for almost anyone, with the interchangeable grip backs, and available just how you like it, with or without thumb safety.

I'm seriously thinking about gettting one of these for the girlfriend, if I can get it in the version I want for her: fullsized/longslide, 9mm, thumb safety, with pink grip panels.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That looks pretty friggin awesome - almost CZ-ish in the grip. I have to go handle one of those.

Latest posts

Top Bottom