New 60 Day Tag Grace Period

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw yesterday where someone on the Oklahoma Law Enforcement FB page posted an amendment to the 30 day grace period. Does anyone have a link to the amended statute or the FB post? I'm on a .gov computer and can't access FB here at work and we were all discussing it.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

DELINQUENCY PENALTIES​

Vehicles are required to be registered annually, even if they are not in operation.

Delinquent registration renewal penalties vary, depending upon the classification of the vehicle. Delinquent penalties begin one month following expiration. Penalties accrue in the amount of $1.00 per day until paid, or until the maximum penalty amount of $100.00 is reached at 100 days past the expiration date. Should a vehicle remain unregistered for more than one year, the current registration amount due plus one year of registration fees and delinquency penalties will be collected. Contact your motor license agent for information regarding specific penalty applications.

from

https://oklahoma.gov/tax/motor-vehicles/taxes-fees-penalties.html

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even when it was 30 days, you'd still see people driving around on 6+ month old expired plates. Nothing seems to matter anymore.
Still see them all the time.
I'm convinced the po po sees them and "lets them go to seed" so later on when they need to stop someone they will have probable cause.

From the website link above.

How long after tags expire can you drive in Oklahoma?​

Oklahoma DMV License Renewal There is a 60-day grace period after the expiration date, when you can get an Oklahoma driver’s license renewal without any late fees. After two years you will have to start over in the process, taking the written test, the driving test and a vision screening.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen trucks riding around the Choctaw area with the old Indian plates still on them. Actually got passed this morning by an older truck with no plates on it at all. HiPo doesn't seem to care or catch them til they do something else stupid to get pulled. They also let a lot of untagged commercial trailers go. Seems like they're letting revenue slip through the cracks.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got pulled over Saturday (the 6th) for tags that expired on Halloween. I guess I was being suspicious. I had forgot and ordered them online 5 hours earlier, but they hadnt processed yet.
30/60 day grace period my ass.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I always get a chuckle out of seeing a paper dealer tag on a car that is months out of date. Particularly if it is a very expensive vehicle.
My luck would be that I would get terrorist attack level SWAT response if I pulled out of my driveway with one that was a day out of date.

Latest posts

Top Bottom