New Favorite Bourbon......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you dont use this stuff for Rum punch or mix it with coke. hell I bet a lot of amateur scotch drinkers wouldn't know they werent drinking scotch.

I beg to differ. I took a trip to Barbados and the hotel we stayed at used this stuff in rum punch. It was amazing. Oh yeah, it's pretty good in coke or straight too. This and Cockspur are both excellent rums that destroy the captain.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I beg to differ. I took a trip to Barbados and the hotel we stayed at used this stuff in rum punch. It was amazing. Oh yeah, it's pretty good in coke or straight too. This and Cockspur are both excellent rums that destroy the captain.

You must've been staying in a much nicer place than I.. where I stayed they stuck with the Mount Gay Eclipse in the mixed drinks! I ALWAYs have a bottle of Eclipse on hand, great stuff too, but not as good neat as the XO.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You must've been staying in a much nicer place than I.. where I stayed they stuck with the Mount Gay Eclipse in the mixed drinks! I ALWAYs have a bottle of Eclipse on hand, great stuff too, but not as good neat as the XO.

It was called The Crane resort if I remember correctly. Perhaps they used eclipse in the mixed drinks and I only assumed they used the extra old because it's all I remember seeing in their gift shop/general store. There was a little deli down the street called Cutters that made one of the best sandwiches I've ever had.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the cigar smokers I run with are big Scotch drinkers.....Coal Ile, Highland Park, and others. Bourbon is my choice of drink.

You mean Caol Ila. One of my favorites. More of a sipper with how long its great aftertaste lingers.

My general purpose Scotch is Glenlivet 12 year. Highland Park 18 is my celebratory Scotch, didn't care much for the last 12 I had of it, but the 18 is consistently great.

One day I'll get one of the 30 years at the local liquor store. Then you'll see me in the obituaries because my wife shot me for spending $400 (or more) on a bottle of Scotch.

Damn it. I actually agree with Cohiba on this one. For the money, i don't think you will find a better bourbon. Evan William's single barrel vintage is about as good as bourbon gets. It's less expensive than makers mark or even regular Jack Daniels and it drinks better than Gentleman Jack and Makers Mark.

I'm partial to Blantons on the single barrel bourbon. Wouldn't have tried it except for the fact that the bottle is cool enough to not worry too much about the quality of the liquor.

By the way... the key to Jack is the Christmas gift sets - great way to stock up on a pretty good bourbon to keep spirits high if the SHTF.

So what is in everyone's glass tonight? I'm finally having my long awaited glass of Bulleit.

Sadly, tonight was Dr. Pepper 10 and Captain Morgan 100 proof.

Don't plan on reaching the Ballmer peak.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So am I correct in learning from this thread, that the preferred Rums are Mount-GAY, and COCKspur? Seriously? I'm not a big Rum guy but I find the Irony in the names to be freaking hilarious.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So am I correct in learning from this thread, that the preferred Rums are Mount-GAY, and COCKspur? Seriously? I'm not a big Rum guy but I find the Irony in the names to be freaking hilarious.

This is coming from a group of hardcore dangerous gun guys who run away squealing with their wrists flopping every time they see a snake.

OSA is just one huge closet. :hey3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom