New Obama Admin Claim: Marines Couldn't Have Stopped Consulate Assault

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...as much as giving a clearer explanation.

Which is something this admin is horrible at. Mostly because, I really believe, they don't have a friggin clue what they are doing.

Their policy of apology and appeasement in the Middle East has been thrown violently and bloodily back into their stupid, arrogant, and amatuer faces....and they don't know how to handle it.

This issue is bigger than a pissing contest over whether or not some MSGs could've stopped the assault. Damn them for even bringing it up really.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. Throwing the Marine Corps under the bus may be one of the more colossally stupid things done by this administration. Given their past record of stupidity, that is saying something.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which is something this admin is horrible at. Mostly because, I really believe, they don't have a friggin clue what they are doing.

Their policy of apology and appeasement in the Middle East has been thrown violently and bloodily back into their stupid, arrogant, and amatuer faces....and they don't know how to handle it.

This issue is bigger than a pissing contest over whether or not some MSGs could've stopped the assault. Damn them for even bringing it up really.

And that is the larger point... well said.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'd be labeled as an "apologist" by most here on the board (though I'm far more to the "right" than average, just more "left" than the average on this forum), but SMS nailed it.

The statement Obama made is probably accurate, because we took a completely neutered force and put them in a very hostile situation. I'd argue we don't need to be over there at all; but if we are, we don't need to be all pussyfoot about it. So I'm not defending or apologizing for Obama's statement, but really he needs to apologize for having to make it in the first place. But hell BO, if you are going to comment, you don't have to crap all over yourself when you do.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know the size and strength of the Corps units that protect the embassy, but, I think if they would have had one there the ambassador would still be alive, but at a larger cost of American lives.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the Marines had been there more Libyan protestors/attackers would have died, and probably more Americans also. But who knows what would have happened...

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one can change the events that happened in Libya, and finger pointing helps no one unless in a private "Lessons learned" session.
The important question is- Have all other area embassies and consulates upgraded their defensive plans and capabilities?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whether it would've made a difference or not is irrelevant. This is an out and out deflection of guilt. The fact of the matter is, they didn't allow the Marines the opportunity to make a difference. Their messed up, daisy sniffer policies guaranteed that they couldn't make a difference. Nuff said. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom