New Obama Admin Claim: Marines Couldn't Have Stopped Consulate Assault

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm confused. I wasn't aware there were any Marines present for the Benghazi incident. Also, the Embassy is still in Tripoli, right? The consular office in Benghazi is not the same thing.

lilboots

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sheer arrogance of this administration is amazing. The we said it, so you should believe it attitude just shows how small minded and clueless they really are.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice claimed the attack on the U.S. embassy in Libya was a spontaneous reaction to a video. The protesters just happened to be carrying their rocket launchers on September 11th when they felt insulted over a video released on YouTube in June. That's what the president told Rice, and as we know, rice goes with anything."--comedian Argus Hamilton

Last edited:

DaveG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on the number of Marines, they may not have been able to stop it, but they sure as hell would have made it much harder and more difficult for the attack to be carried out. That is if they would have been allowed to defend the place.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW: the unloaded guns? Internet ********.

Not so much internet B.S. bend...it does happen.

It's pretty well established that the Marine sentries in Beirut did not have loaded rifles...and I myself have been in situations where the command was given, in arguably non-permissive environments, to carry unloaded weapons:

Italy 1988 following the Red Army bombing of a USO: Pulled from regular duty and walked a fence line every night for a month. Rifle unloaded, magazines in pouch.

El Salvador 1995: Sentry duty at base camp with unloaded rifle

Bogota Colombia 1998: Issued M9, required to carry back and forth to work and keep in residence "in the event of an attempted kidnapping, but don't load it".

Baghdad Iraq, April 2003: Ordered by limpdick USAF Col to carry our rifles and pistols without a round chambered.

Nearly all of those situations earned a hearty F.U. from me and I did what I thought was prudent in the midnight hour when whatever was going to go down was between me and a threat.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nearly all of those situations earned a hearty F.U. from me and I did what I thought was prudent in the midnight hour when whatever was going to go down was between me and a threat.

I really struggle to understand why all wouldn't take this approach. "Hey Ripnbst, go walk around in hostile territory half cocked and unloaded. Uhh, yeah sure I'll get right on that." How would they know what the status of your weapon was? In the event nothing happened, they wouldn't inquire. In the event something did happen, you'd surely be glad you were able to load and make ready in time...

I don't get it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really struggle to understand why all wouldn't take this approach. "Hey Ripnbst, go walk around in hostile territory half cocked and unloaded. Uhh, yeah sure I'll get right on that." How would they know what the status of your weapon was? In the event nothing happened, they wouldn't inquire. In the event something did happen, you'd surely be glad you were able to load and make ready in time...

I don't get it.

Some people follow rules better and sometimes folks who might be inclined to do otherwise face rigorous oversight and don't have the chance....like gate guards. Woe be the young Marine PFC who gets caught carrying his weapon in an unauthorized condition by his Staff Sergeant. Wouldn't want to be that guy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW: the unloaded guns? Internet ********.

Seriously, that is normal for troops stationed as "peace Keepers".
Hell, I was security at a nuclear artillery storage facility at Ft Cambell Ky. We were allowed 3 rounds in a 20 round mag.
We got a call from a guard around midnight, and heard two shots on the radio. Rolling up on the scene, the soldier was up in a tree with a black bear between him and the ground. He fired to scare it off, and it didn't work. But seriously, a nuke facility with only three rounds???

and NO, the condition 4 that the Marines in Beirut endured is NOT internet lore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom