New Obama Admin Claim: Marines Couldn't Have Stopped Consulate Assault

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bombing sovereign nations without a declaration of war is always the best approach?

Never said a word about "best" or "always". You pose a simplistic question intended as bait.

If they are responsible for harboring our enemies and supporting terrorist activity against the US, and they refuse to stop after diplomacy fails, in a word, yes.

I was also citing a specific event. I cannot understand our need to even have an Embassy there, except that Zed wants to "help" them. If it were up to me, the rioters would have had no targets.

As far as a Declaration is concerned, that activity is considered legal under the War Powers Resolution, which was passed by Congress to keep the Executive Branch from overstepping their authoritah. Billy Clinton, Reagan (Central America), and Zed have even violated the Resolution and Congress gave in, which made it toothless at best.

Of course, the Executive Branch's position is that the War Powers Resolution is unconstitutional. YMMV.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where in the hell are the obama supporters in this thread? Surely, one of them has an apology for obummer that will make it right.

SMS pretty well nailed it. I Posted a Link on another thread about the bombing in Beruit that killed a couple hundred Marines.
They were not allowed to have loaded weapons, or magazines inserted in their weapons. The terrorist drove right around them, and detonated the charge.

So much for rules of engagement, and apeasing the enemy with no mags in the gun.....Sheesh....

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, there were no protestors or rioters, only the terrorist that attacked. The crap about a protest was just BS because Obama was looking for an excuse besides his foreign policy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually the administration has been on an apology tour to the muslims.
They continue to apologize and say the US government had no part, and will not condone anybody disrespecting any religion. Yada, Yada, Yada.

Yet next week there is going to be an award winning display of a crusifix with Jesus on it, imersed in the artists piss on display.

When are we going to take to the streets! Burn Baby Burn!!
You've made fun of my God!!

Anybody??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually the administration has been on an apology tour to the muslims.
They continue to apologize and say the US government had no part, and will not condone anybody disrespecting any religion. Yada, Yada, Yada.

Yet next week there is going to be an award winning display of a crusifix with Jesus on it, imersed in the artists piss on display.

When are we going to take to the streets! Burn Baby Burn!!
You've made fun of my God!!

Anybody??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

Nope. While I may not like it or if it is the one I am thinking of, tax dollars being spent on it, it is their right. Unlike some Muslims and some atheist, I do not get my panties in a wad over seeing religious items of any kind, or seeing them used in so called art.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where in the hell are the obama supporters in this thread? Surely, one of them has an apology for obummer that will make it right.

SMS pretty well nailed it. I Posted a Link on another thread about the bombing in Beruit that killed a couple hundred Marines.
They were not allowed to have loaded weapons, or magazines inserted in their weapons. The terrorist drove right around them, and detonated the charge.

So much for rules of engagement, and apeasing the enemy with no mags in the gun.....Sheesh....
I guess it's pretty much left up to me since Books is out to lunch and there aren't any Obama supporters around here. Normally, I absolutley defer to the judgement of SMS, GTG and Dennis,because they have experience and knowledge that I don't have, but in this case, I'll make an exception.
This current President has extended the Drone war into Yemen and the Emerates. How is that apeasement? Does a missle up your ass appease you?
BTW: the unloaded guns? Internet ********.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom