Nobel Peace Prize

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was referring to the roads and bridges that you didn't build ... why do republicans try so hard to be "intentional idiots" is beyond me.

But I did build those bridges with my taxes. Without my business and giving money to the government, the government couldn't build that bridge. The government didn't built that- someone else did (with their tax dollars). Barry's got it all backward.

Last edited by a moderator:

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But I did build those bridges with my taxes. Without my business and giving money to the government, the government couldn't build that bridge. The government didn't built that- someone else did (with their tax dollars). Barry's got it all backward.

Can I get an AMEN????

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You hit it right out of the park. It's the old chicken/egg argument.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was referring to the roads and bridges that you didn't build ... why do republicans try so hard to be "intentional idiots" is beyond me.

MoBoost is clearly right when you listen to the exact quote in a full clip.
However, he is missing the main point which is that the president's speech wasn't simply about how we should support the building or roads and/or bridges. The President essentially used the road argument - with which no one disagrees - to argue that an ever increasing tax burden is owed to a government that has shown it either cannot, or more likely, will not control spending or recognize historical limits to the reach and spending of the federal government.

I will grant that Mr Obama really has chutzpah to stand up and say it's your (our) duty to let me (him) spend more by feeding the beast indefinitely and laying a moral claim to even more of one's personal wealth.

Sorry MoBoost - while I agree with you on the technical question I think you have missed the bigger picture here.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wrong! Your argument is what his campaign is wanting you to believe. Imsuggest you read the qoute rather than hear it. It, actually, IMO, makes him look worst if you read the quote rather than just listen or hear it on TV.

MoBoost is clearly right when you listen to the exact quote in a full clip.
However, he is missing the main point which is that the president's speech wasn't simply about how we should support the building or roads and/or bridges. The President essentially used the road argument - with which no one disagrees - to argue that an ever increasing tax burden is owed to a government that has shown it either cannot, or more likely, will not control spending or recognize historical limits to the reach and spending of the federal government.

I will grant that Mr Obama really has chutzpah to stand up and say it's your (our) duty to let me (him) spend more by feeding the beast indefinitely and laying a moral claim to even more of one's personal wealth.http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how-to-install-a-truck-bed-storage-system/index.html

Sorry MoBoost - while I agree with you on the technical question I think you have missed the bigger picture here.

Couldn't disagree more. He is an intelligent guy. He knows what he is intelligent says what he believes. Plain and simple.

Latest posts

Top Bottom