Norman North High Rapists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

not out of the realm of possibility. Could have happened to them as middle schoolers and they thought they were carrying on a 'tradition' a la hazing in many fraternities. Or maybe it was a more emotional thing.

My point, though, is that it might not exist within a vacuum and to say punish punish punish might not address the actual issue.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not out of the realm of possibility. Could have happened to them as middle schoolers and they thought they were carrying on a 'tradition' a la hazing in many fraternities. Or maybe it was a more emotional thing.

My point, though, is that it might not exist within a vacuum and to say punish punish punish might not address the actual issue.

Good point. I had a long rant type out at you until you clarified.

Certainly needs to be addressed. Same as date rape culture, though. I firmly believe offenders who get caught need to be made examples and punished severely IN ADDITION to slower social change.

I'm much more familiar with date rape culture than this (wow that sounds bad out of context) and feel safe in asserting lack of punishment of rapists is a big contributor to the problem.

Punishment alone won't help the problem. But it's a very important component. And this is from an anti-capital punishment prison reform prisoner rights hippie.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what do you do when it's discovered that they boys had the same thing happen to them?

Expose it and discuss it and open an investigation/prosecution into the people who did it to them. Ninety eight year old Holocaust prision camp guards are being put on trial.

You might take a look at M. Scott Peck's books on evil. The terrorism on 911 drove me to read his books and this incident has me opening them again. "We cannot begin to heal human evil until we are able to look at it directly." It sounds like this particular evil has been around for some time and people's unwillingness to look at it directly has led to it's perpetuation.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boys will be boys but this is beyond what a young man should do to others. I can appreciate practical jokes even on myself but this is criminal activity and the boys cant' go unpunished. In my day in the early sixties this was unheard of and we wouldn't even have thought about what they have done. Many of those in my class would have defended these victims and stopped the activity before it got out of hand because we knew that someone was going to get hurt. A fight is alright but not this.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boys will be boys but this is beyond what a young man should do to others. I can appreciate practical jokes even on myself but this is criminal activity and the boys cant' go unpunished. In my day in the early sixties this was unheard of and we wouldn't even have thought about what they have done. Many of those in my class would have defended these victims and stopped the activity before it got out of hand because we knew that someone was going to get hurt. A fight is alright but not this.
^^^this 100%

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember listening to a radio program years ago when Hulk Hogan was the guest. He described a move called "checking the oil". This is when the wrestler intentionally sticks his finger in their opponents butt to "take them out of their game". I remember him saying that the first wrestler that did this to him was Andre The Giant. I've never been a wrestling fan. To me, it's just gay to have men rolling around groping each other.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember listening to a radio program years ago when Hulk Hogan was the guest. He described a move called "checking the oil". This is when the wrestler intentionally sticks his finger in their opponents butt to "take them out of their game". I remember him saying that the first wrestler that did this to him was Andre The Giant. I've never been a wrestling fan. To me, it's just gay to have men rolling around groping each other.
And he was lying cause that crap is all fake.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom