Notary Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think it would be a conflict of interest. Wife used to be, and I seem to remember she couldnt notarize for herself, and I believe myself either.

IreneKennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your wife is a notary can she do notary work you.Wife is and says she cant be a notary for me.

Per the Oklahoma Secretary of State:
'A notary cannot notarize his or her own signature. A notary is an impartial witness. The law does not forbid notaries from notarizing the signatures of relatives. However, if the notarized document was ever the subject of a court suit, a judge might determine the notary was not an impartial witness'.

My spouse has notarized my documents for business and personal for over 35 years without problem.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like IK said, Legally yes but it could come back to haunt you. Id say doing it depends on what I'm trying to accomplish.

If it is for the sale of a car that I owned then I'd do it in a heart beat. If it was for a personal Trust then I'd probably find someone else to do it

Latest posts

Top Bottom