Official St Patrics day thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a very Irish lunch--Taco Mayo. :D It was supposed to be home-made chicken fried steak, but my dad decided yesterday would be a good day to develop gallstones, so he's in the hospital waiting for his gall bladder to become less angry so they can do something about it. As a result, instead of getting chicken fried steak for my birthday, I got Taco Mayo--and had to buy it, to boot.

I never could develop a taste for corned beef (brisket should be smoked; any other use is a waste), and if it weren't for kraut, cabbage would have no use at all...

At the moment, I'm waiting for AXS TV (DirecTV HD 340) to switch over and start showing Gaelic Storm live from Milwaukee. They're currently showing the "3rd Annual L.A. Live Irish Festival," which might be OK if it weren't in Kahleefohneeya...

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Granfather got shot down over Germany on St Patricks Day in 1945. He was a waist gunner on a B-17. He's still with us. It is a special day.

Please tell your grandfather that I have an enormous amount of respect for him and his service. The B-17 was a jewel and the aircrews were heroes.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Representatives of the world's beer companies met in Milwaukee for a global convention. After the first, and particularly long, evening of swapping stories and telling lies, they retired to the bar to talk a little treason.

The Aussie steps up to the bar. "Everybody knows that the best beer comes from Down Under, mate, so I'll have a Foster's."

The Dutchman steps up to the bar. "The finest beers are made in the Netherlands, so I will have a Heineken."

The American steps up to the bar. "Hell, we all know that Americans make the best beer, and I make the King of them all, so I'll have a Bud."

The Irishman steps up to the bar. "I'll have a Coke, if you please."

The others look at him, shocked. "Aren't you going to have a Guiness?" they ask in unison.

He takes a drink of his Coke, then says, "Thanum o'n dhoul, if you're not drinking, I'm not drinking, either!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom