OGE smart hours?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DamnYankeeOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just started on it this month. According to the site I am already saving money. I like the conservation mode on the thermostat. It adjusts the temp based on the price of electricity and how much you want to try and save.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Use it myself, biggest thing is remembering to not cook, or use major amounts of power during two till seven.

I technically use a bit more power than my "neighbors" where ever they may be but I pay less each month. The funny thing I find is that there are a bunch of empty places near here that are probably figured in to their efficient group so it makes that hard to compare. The efficient people are around 70 this month ending tomorrow, I am around 110 and the other people are paying about 120. That is with three people in a two bedroom all electric apartment, and being a geek I have my fileserver that runs 24/7 365 and another box that records video feeds to keep an eye on my vehicles. On top of that three people each with a computer and my mother in law turns on her TV and plays games on her computer while the TV watches her, lol.

Sadly no fancy thermostat for me. . . using my own digital one was never told about them being an option.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the one they gave me down. It was a giant POS. it was costing me lots of money. AC could cycle on at 0.5 degrees above the set point and would run for a minimum of 3 minutes. Basically cycled on and off every 3 min. Swapped back to the old programable t-stat and the problems went away.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the one they gave me down. It was a giant POS. it was costing me lots of money. AC could cycle on at 0.5 degrees above the set point and would run for a minimum of 3 minutes. Basically cycled on and off every 3 min. Swapped back to the old programable t-stat and the problems went away.
A woman I work with experienced the same thing and she bought a honeywell thermostat that she can connect to from her iphone.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They came out and changed it. That one didn't work at all. That same trip, they put in a newer version and it not only had the same problems as the first one, it would attempt to start my compressor twice every time it kicked on. I was not happy at all with the t-stat.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far we've saved about $32.50 according to OG&E. I'm at work until almost 6 and my wife just sits in front of a fan during the peak hours. Any amount of money saved is good for me. Our old thermostat was non-programmable and was at least 15 years old so the OG&E one works well for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom