OGE smart hours?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just opened my electric bill yesterday and it was $94.xx. So it looks like I will get out of this summer without my bill topping $100 in any month. It's saved me a bunch over last summer and probably MORE than 50% over the summer before that. I know I had bills that topped $200. Part of it is my new A/C system that was installed last August along with some added insulation. And then we had a much cooler summer for the most part, but this is still a serious decrease in my bill due solely to the smart hours plan. I enrolled about this time last summer AFTER having the new A/C and insulation and was still getting $140 to $170 bills. But I didn't really change much during the peak hours then either and I was able to cool my house much better with the new system. I mostly raised the t-stat 2 or 3 degrees during peak and that was it. This summer I was a lot more diligent and it really shows in my billing. I also got pretty good cooperation from the wife. I'm still trying to figure out what's up with that...

gullzway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just had my thermostat installed today. Interested to see if I can lower my bill next summer. Should save me some money, mostly running the pool pump before 2 P.M.

ForumRunner_20131209_173808.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom