OGE smart hours?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i229.photobucket.com_albums_ee16_gfercaks33_171A138F_4787_4EDF03772a7f843826e5bd010e3395023552.jpg

Any body's smart hours thermostat doing this?

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
so am I understanding this right? you all allow the power companies to have control of your thermostat etc inside your own house?

Yeah, not quite. The thermostat receives pricing information from the meter, but the end user gets to decide what to do with that info.

You can even ignore it if you want.

BUT: it will let you set the temperature of your home based on the rate if you so choose. They don't control the thermostat.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, not quite. The thermostat receives pricing information from the meter, but the end user gets to decide what to do with that info.

BUT: it will let you set the temperature of your home based on the rate if you so choose. They don't control the thermostat.

Whoa ..havent heard about that one, but then I'm in Ltown.....H'yuck H'yuck

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

hmmm according to PSO if you enroll in their 'smart cooling' program they can and will

SMART CoolingSM is a program offered only to customers residing in the PSO gridSMART® Project area. It's designed to help lower your electricity bill and conserve electricity. During the summer months, the demand for electricity increases on the hottest days. With many air conditioning units running at the same time, demand for electricity increases and strains the electric system. SMART CoolingSM slightly raises the target temperature on your thermostat during occasional periods of high electricity use - also referred to as "events".

I will take a pass on the smart meters, it just doesn't sit well with my tin foil hat side LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom