Oh Norman..........Mask Alert.......The Sky is Falling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's with Walmart and their limiting entry points? Easier to catch non-mask folks?

Prevent people from crossing paths. Enter one way, exit another. Reduces the amount of "face to face" contact, at least at the entry points.

Nobody I have seen obeys those "lane direction" markers lol. People will shop how they have ALWAYS shopped..corona be damned.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The reactions are whats killing the economy, NOT the virus. And it's by calculated design working just as they would like.
Get it?

Exactly. Regardless of the mask or no mask BS you can bet this wouldn’t be an issue if it wasn’t an election year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I agree that the reaction hurt our economy, but the by design part i'm less sold on.

That said, i don't see how requiring a mask (but allowing places to remain open) hurts the economy as much as the spread does. Having restaurants close after an outbreak, businesses forced to be understaffed due to covid illnesses, childcare issues, school closings, travel restrictions, etc all seem like they would have a negative impact on the economy. We've had multiple weddings get cancelled this year because no one is willing to travel to attend, guest limits at venues are forced to remain small, places are having to limit options (i.e. no more buffet style service). A cancelled wedding hurts a lot of vendors, many of whom are small businesses. But having a wedding go forward, even with masks, still keeps money flowing to us.

You’ve got it all wrong. Don’t call it a wedding. Call it a protest and you’re good to go.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prevent people from crossing paths. Enter one way, exit another. Reduces the amount of "face to face" contact, at least at the entry points.

Nobody I have seen obeys those "lane direction" markers lol. People will shop how they have ALWAYS shopped..corona be damned.

That's what I mean. Why try it at the entrance when folks ignore it inside? [emoji2369]

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now you get it.

giphy.gif

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's with Walmart and their limiting entry points? Easier to catch non-mask folks?

That is so they can control the number of people in the store. Many stores did this early in this stuff, and in some locals there is still limits on the number of people.

Nothing sinister, or stupid, just an attempt to help slow the spread.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So many people say that they believe or they think they've already had the virus sometime in January or December. I would say to them go get tested to make sure because I think the only way that you could have caught the virus in January or December is if you visited China and you were licking doorknobs over there.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is so they can control the number of people in the store. Many stores did this early in this stuff, and in some locals there is still limits on the number of people.

Nothing sinister, or stupid, just an attempt to help slow the spread.
Our Walmart here in Choctaw has been doing what you stated since this all began. People are thinking of other's welfare and are following the arrows out here too. It ain't hard....

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just judging from what we saw it looks like the Norman mandatory mask rule is up to the business.

Walmart Super Center just off I-35 is back to having only one door open to enter and exit......no mask no enter.

Aldi food store on Main St......no mask no problem.

Sooner Mall.......no mask no problem.

Homeland on Lindsey St. has a employee sitting just inside the door and if you are not wearing a mask she hands you one.......so basically no mask no enter.

So the new city regulation is being widely ignored. A $500 fine is of no consequence to large businesses....or perhaps it will never be enforced..... As always politicians respond to pressure by passing laws...regardless of whether they are going to be effective or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom