Oil Subsidies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3 years ago crude oil was $145 a barrel, under Bush/Cheney. Today it is $85 a barrel.

Take off your partisan colored glasses Rick.
Well, golly gee Hobbes

Oil was $145 and gasoline was $3.90
Now oil is $85 and gasoline is $3.50

I think I'm getting ripped off. No, I'm sure of it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What you posted is true, but it does not help that the liberals are trying to keep the price of oil and gas high to make alternate energy more competitive.

Possibly, but again that's just moving forward with what's gonna happen anyways. Maybe not in our lifetime, but pretty dang soon after at best.

Unless the prices get so high it's not feasible for oil to be the lifeblood of the world, all it's gonna do is prop up the oil biz. They should get a thank you card.

Well, golly gee Hobbes

Oil was $145 and gasoline was $3.90
Now oil is $85 and gasoline is $3.50

I think I'm getting ripped off. No, I'm sure of it.

You're still paying for the $145 oil. This is simple stuff.

Why are you paying for it? Because you will.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3 years ago crude oil was $145 a barrel, under Bush/Cheney. Today it is $85 a barrel.

Take off your partisan colored glasses Rick.

That was during one of the many shortages and did not last long. Also it will climb that high again. It all depends on supply and demand and I hope you have noticed that the price of gas has not come down anywhere near matching the price of a barrel of oil in that time.

EDIT: I did not see your second post until I had posted this.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After Oil, the libs can get back to coal. Who will we blame then? "Big Coal"

With a growing public recognition that solar and wind are not going to be able to fill the gap for oil and coal any time soon, the democrats need to rethink their position. The sooner the better.

Last edited by a moderator:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why do you always put a political spin on everything?

anything one can say about the extreme left can be said about the ultra right.
both are wrong... both have done HUGE damage to our economy.

both Busch and Clinton administration had a hand in allowing these MEGA mergers at heart of the problem of allowing too much control vested in too few hands. for all practical purposes post merger a few MEGA giants control some 90% of certain sectors.

Post MEGA MERGER results are completely predictable.

1. immediately following merger, thousands of high paying jobs are lost forever.
2. then thousands for more jobs leave for overseas as MEGA multi-nationals are only ones with scale to export thousands of jobs overseas.
3. Prices go down slightly or remain flat during honey moon period after a MEGA MERGER
4. Prices slowly creep up only to double to triple with consumers taking full brunt of MEGA GIANT'S monopoly position.

Obama has royally screwed up things worst! among the few things his administration has done right is blocking merger of AT&T and TMobile. if allowed to complete, Verizon and AT&T alone would control some 80% of the total market. Was totally flabbergasted that DOJ was suiting to stop yet another MEGA merger. until now ALL of them flew right on by without so much as a peep from DOJ.

by the way your OP was and still is full of horse manure!!!!

Well said. The oil companies are the strawman for the left because they refuse to admit the government (both political parties) screwed up and screwed the economy, and that the current admin has just made things worse.

Truth is, the original post is correct. You can Google "oil subsidies" and see for yourself. From CNN to Forbes they all say the same thing with the same figures. And yes the US did loan the Brazilian oil company the money, or I should say loan guarantees which is the same thing. At least it is when it comes to every one of them the left does not like.

Now if someone wants to post links to information from a reputable site, I will be more then happy to look at it.

Last edited:

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. Oil is all over. We just have to get rid of the people who are making it hard to drill.
See, this is what's called parroting what you've been told is true, when you only listen to one side.

Number of the Week: How Many Rigs Are Drilling for Oil?

1,069: The number of rigs drilling for oil in the U.S. this week.

The figure reflects a huge surge in U.S. oil drilling, up nearly 60% in the past year and the highest total since at least 1987, when oil services company Baker Hughes Inc. began keeping track.

asi.wsj.net_public_resources_images_NA_BN047_NUMBER_NS_20110826160929.jpg

The drilling boom is being driven by a variety of factors. New technologies have allowed companies to tap vast new oil reserves in places like North Dakota, Texas and, most recently, Ohio. High oil prices are making once-unprofitable fields more tempting. And low natural-gas prices are leading companies to shift their focus to finding oil. Natural-gas drilling, which generally uses the same rigs but in different places, is down 8% in the past year.

All that drilling is helping to boost U.S. oil production. The U.S. pumped 3.9 million barrels a day from onshore fields in March, up 5.9% from a year earlier and the most in nearly a decade.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/08/27/number-of-the-week-how-many-rigs-are-drilling-for-oil/

Latest posts

Top Bottom