Oklahoma Is Leading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whoever said that? Not me. I was merely talking about student behavior as it is today and reasons why. Some are hungry.
And you take that to mean I want a new liberal welfare program for those kids? Your reading way to much into my post dude. Put the crack pipe down and back away.
it is because of the reference you used.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son graduated from Vo Tech with an Aviation degree and later an A/P license. He has been at Tinker now 16 years. Recently got his BBA from SNU.

I got a Auto Mechanics degree from Mid Del (didn't have Aviation program then) years ago and went on to college. Never used it. I went on to get a BBA in Business from CSU.
I guess like everything it depends on the education you can and the person behind it. I choose something interesting but had nothing that translated to it other than a credit in college. I just remember someone getting burned by their naivete and poor advice from their councilor. He took some auto mechanic classes and it didnt translate to the right number of hours for a cert so he had nothing to prove he knew what he knew. he ended up getting a job but he had to work his way up which took a couple years and take some on the job training that he already knew.

I guess their is plenty of pointless degrees and I am not complaining about those although I do think those should be limited to a certain number or just be made minors for people who are interested in those fields but dont want it to be their job or know it would be tough getting a job in that field. Hashtag Art and many other degrees...

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess like everything it depends on the education you can and the person behind it. I choose something interesting but had nothing that translated to it other than a credit in college. I just remember someone getting burned by their naivete and poor advice from their councilor. He took some auto mechanic classes and it didnt translate to the right number of hours for a cert so he had nothing to prove he knew what he knew. he ended up getting a job but he had to work his way up which took a couple years and take some on the job training that he already knew.

I guess their is plenty of pointless degrees and I am not complaining about those although I do think those should be limited to a certain number or just be made minors for people who are interested in those fields but dont want it to be their job or know it would be tough getting a job in that field. Hashtag Art and many other degrees...

We've had discussions in this thread, curious what field of work you chose to pursue. You're not really obligated to reveal if you don't want.

I went to vo tech for a minute and realized I already knew it, thanks to my Dad.

I didn't think I'd be doing this today, but I started having kids and quit going to school for a geology degree.

Guess things happen for a reason because I'm happy as a business owner.

I've substituted at my tech school and judged their competitions once. I'll support the tech schools. Kids need them. They aren't born into like me.

My grandpa was a great machinist and engine builder. Wish I would have listened a little more. Didn't know he'd die so young.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very true in many cases. I knew it all while mine was alive, only when he passed did I realize just how much he really klnew.

He passed away loading his jumper cables in his trunk after helping a stranded motorist. I guess he died doing what he loved. The man was a great mechanic and gave away more than he made. I miss him.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
do you have anything real to say, or are you just trying to figure out how to back yourself out of your liberal box?
Pretty sure you don't even know what a liberal is. And for stereotyping me based on a news article that tells the truth, again I think your an idiot. A shallow idiot. It's people like you who are so vial to the other side, that are the exact reason for a perfect divide of this country and I'll like nothing more than to have a beer with u and see just how bold you really are.
I'm betting your a chicken ****.

Latest posts

Top Bottom