Oklahoma Lawmaker Plans Drug Testing For Welfare Recipients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slade1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to take random test at work in order to keep my job and pay check. I don't see anything wrong with doing the same for people getting paid by the tax payers. They always want "fairness". Plus, Wellfare was made to help you until you are back to work. Its hard to get a job when you can't pass a drug test.

It's sad to see but yes if I have to pass one to work, you have to pass one to live off what the workers earn. Equal rights.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am for it. We can get drug tested. If you are hurt you can guarantee you will be tested and if you fail you are out of a job and you and your insurance pick up the bills. But it raises a lot of questions.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, a HUGE percentage of these people are going to fail the test with proof that they have legal prescriptions for opiates and benzos. Not all of which are merited, but oh well... unscrupulous prescribers are in large part to blame.

America HAS TO do something about the prescription drug problem or things are going to get even worser... :(

Tattumike

Marksman
Reaction score
I should say this opens a can of worms. Perscription drugs are a big deal and one of the bigest ones abused. I should think that perscription drugs are worse than pot ever was or has been. I should also point out that if this bill passes how many people are going to cross the line??? By cross the line I mean doing anything and everything to get cash to the point of robbing people or places. The people these days have been kicked around and they are none too pleased. On another point just how much is it going to cost to drug screen all the people trying to get assist? Will they test those that are already getting bene's?

I can see some good in this but a lot of bad as well!

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should say this opens a can of worms. Perscription drugs are a big deal and one of the bigest ones abused. I should think that perscription drugs are worse than pot ever was or has been. I should also point out that if this bill passes how many people are going to cross the line??? By cross the line I mean doing anything and everything to get cash to the point of robbing people or places. The people these days have been kicked around and they are none too pleased. On another point just how much is it going to cost to drug screen all the people trying to get assist? Will they test those that are already getting bene's?

Yes, its going to cost money, but I think it would save alot more.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So we should pay people so they don't become criminals?

Tattumike

Marksman
Reaction score
I for one think that random drug test would be much more effective than making people take a drug test when they sign up. I mean really how hard is it to flush everything out of your system pass the test then go right back to doing what they were doing before hand? Its easy and people have done it for years. I would vote yes to random test's but not to a test when the person or person's sign up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom