Oklahoma Lawmaker Plans Drug Testing For Welfare Recipients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In all due respect, I hope you don't call yourself a Christian. Clearly there needs to be some type of reform to the entitlement system, but to suggest we execute addicts is the product of either an immature or a sick mind, or perhaps both.

I have got to side with JB on this one.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, this entire scenario is repeated over and over and over and over... alot of people out there in their regular everyday jobs, homes and churches don't see this, so they don't know how rampant it is. Believe me folks... there is TONS of it. JUST LIKE THIS. He is not exaggerating one little bit.

I believe most families here in Oklahoma have someone in this category. I think a lot of folks choose to ignore it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will we drug test anyone who qualifies for EIC when they file their 1040? That's the worst form of welfare in the country today, IMHO.

How about anybody that claims a dependent?

No, I am not a follower of the Christian Faith. I have also never drunk so much as one drop of alchohol, never smoked a single cigarette, and certainly never done any drugs without a doctor's perscription. Keeping ones mind and body clean of those corrupting poisons is not all that hard to do.

I don't think you know what a drug is.

Worth doing?

Sounds like you don't have your priorities in order.

This. It's feelgood, wortheless legislation that appeals to base level emotions. It's political jive, it ain't gonna fix anything. Some of you guys have too much faith in your government and your legislators.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quote Originally Posted by tRdoc
Sadly, this entire scenario is repeated over and over and over and over... alot of people out there in their regular everyday jobs, homes and churches don't see this, so they don't know how rampant it is. Believe me folks... there is TONS of it. JUST LIKE THIS. He is not exaggerating one little bit.

I believe most families here in Oklahoma have someone in this category. I think a lot of folks choose to ignore it.

Welfare enables and subsidizes this kind of behavior. It needs to be reformed and/or eliminated. If it is not possible to do anything to reform it, the downward spiral of multi-generational welfare culture is going to end badly.

Bigsaxy1270

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
While there may be legitimate philisophical arguments over this issue, I believe at this point vote might come down to just how many voices there are who are fed up with tax, debt, etc... vs. how many are actually on these programs. We might be seeing the reality of this statement:

"Two centuries ago, a somewhat obscure Scotsman named Tytler made this profound observation: “A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." - Elmer T. Peterson

Great post. This quote sums it up. A long time ago guys like us sat around having the same discussion on worthless individuals in our society taking and not giving back. Nothing has changed gentlemen. We got prescription drugs and white collar crimes that probably didn't exist at any other time in history, but it's what's in mans heart that matters.

As a law enforcement officer I see this day in and day out. It pisses me off to no end that people are out working for a living for individuals who don't or won't put forth the effort to be a productive member of society. If you want to be a useless consumer of good oxygen that's fine. It's your business. If I have to start paying for it then it's my business. Drug tests should be mandatory!!!

nmokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I served 22 years in the Air Force and donated more piss than I can remember. If you arn't doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about. But we did just catch a bunch of airmen using spice and they are out the door. It does work! Test everyone getting government benfits. Congress included!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I served 22 years in the Air Force and donated more piss than I can remember. If you arn't doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about. But we did just catch a bunch of airmen using spice and they are out the door. It does work! Test everyone getting government benfits. Congress included!

Hell freakin' yeah!

Latest posts

Top Bottom