Oklahoma State University Center For Health Sciences (The Med school) New signs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonic911

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Below is the Med schools new signs they posted recently. I am sure the medical students feel much safer now. I know it has always been illegal to cc because it is a state building but why advertise? What are the rules for carrying knives in state building like this? It shows a fixed blade so is a folder okay?

[Broken External Image]

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could argue that the text is unclear due to lack of punctuation.

It reads "No weapons weapons are prohibited on campus grounds." Parsing the sentence given the lack of punctuation, it says that "No weapons are prohibited," therefore weapons are allowed.

jonic911

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
CMHBOB, I like your line of thought but the sign above it makes a difficult argument. I would prefer a sign that said something to the effect... students may be armed, come on in. Students in this school have passed more of a background check than someone with a ccw.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CMHBOB, I like your line of thought but the sign above it makes a difficult argument. I would prefer a sign that said something to the effect... students may be armed, come on in. Students in this school have passed more of a background check than someone with a ccw.
Oh, I know. I was being sarcastically argumentative. And I agree with your second thought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom