Opinions on Groomsmen gifts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking for some opinions. I'm getting married this weekend :shocked:! It kind of snuck up on me a bit as I've been a bit lost in the flurry of fighting about nothing, money spending, and all around craziness of this time.

So, I'm thinking of some gifts or experiences I can take the boys to go do before the wedding (Customary groomsmen gifts).

My original idea was to take all of them down to this place http://eitrlounge.com/ and have an adult beverage and a hot towel/straight blade razor shave. Since none of us have ever had a straight razor shave, and I've heard it's quite the experience I thought it might be something fun we could all go do together. However, at least one of my groomsmen doesn't grow facial hair...so I'm not sure it's really worth it (anyone have any comments on this?)

Other idea was to look for some sort of folding knife and have it engraved. Each of my groomsmen routinely carry folding knives for everyday use and it would be cool to give them a nice one. But, I have no idea where to start on something like this, since I don't carry one and am guessing that going down to walmart and buying something probably isn't going to cut it.

I can always go and buy cufflinks or something like that if I have to. I'd just rather them have something they'll use, or an experience to share.

Thoughts on either idea? Anyone do anything else really cool?

Thanks!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I got married, I found a decent wallet and had their names put on them. My best man put his FF badge on the inside and carries it to this day (6 years later) which astounds me since I cant get a wallet to last more than 3 years.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your Idea of the folding/pocket knife is Great.
Best gift I ever got for being a Groomsman.
Beretta 3 inch pocket knife. 21 years ago. I Still have it, I don't carry it anymore, but I still know who it came from. :)

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have the kind of cash to buy everyone a firearm :( I wish I did, as that would be pretty sweet. But alas, I don't think I can come up with that type of thing.

If I decided to go the folding knife route. Any suggestions on where I could shop? Anyone recommend an engraver that can work on a quick deadline?

Latest posts

Top Bottom