Opposite Sex Friends in the Bible Belt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went down the road of the wife having a male friend 2 years ago. It was a miracle our marriage survived and one if the darkest periods of my 43 years on this earth. I don't have female friends, she doesn't have male friends she hangs out with anymore. Eventually it leads to disaster. Everyone goes I'm special it won't happen to us.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my oldest and best friends is a female. I have known her many many years.
Back when I was single, we both ended up drunk, and woke up in bed together.
That morning we both said it was a mistake, and would never go there again.

After all these years, we have been close even though we are married to other
people. My wife knows and understands.

It has never caused a problem because we make sure it is not a problem.
Everything is out in the open, so our SO's trust us.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any man who says he hasn't had sexual thoughts about a female "friend" is either full of **** or prefers the wiener over what she has to offer. Im sure there may be an exception to this but it is a very very small percentage.

Exactly!

Honestly....
How many ugly chicks you see with a bunch of guy friends that arnt total dorks?
It's good looking chicks that have "guy friends."
Why? Cause all those guys are attracted to her and everyone of them would jump at the change to climb in her pants. If they weren't attracted to her, they wouldn't have anything to do with her.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are never alone with a woman that you aren't related to or married to there cannot be any chance of infidelity. You are eliminating the temptation.

You should always treat a woman with respect even if she doesn't respect herself. If you are never alone with another woman she won't be tempted either.

You can be non sexual friends in another persons company. You don't have to be alone to form a friendship or to enjoy a friendship. These are simple ways to keep yourself and those around you free from inappropriate sexual relationships. A lot of religious people live this way. It isn't because they secretly want to have sex with others. It is because they respect their spouses and the spouses of their friends. There is no real need for opposite sex friends to be alone with each other.

Even the shopping thing from the OP wasn't needed. If the girlfriend of one of my friends wanted my input about a gift I could tell her what I think he would want and she could go to the store by herself.

I have learned to live without worrying about the thoughts of other people. I could care less if some one wants to gossip about me. I would not want a friend that may have thinner skin to have people remarking about them because of me. It would be best to avoid that too. Another person in the group would help.

Never being alone with a person of the other sex doesn't make any one less of a person or secretly deviant. It is just showing good sense by avoiding problems that could harm both friends.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dumbaazz
99 percent of the time it's either a colleague or her mans buddy she will cheat with if she does. The percentage goes up the older she gets.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my oldest and best friends is a female. I have known her many many years.
Back when I was single, we both ended up drunk, and woke up in bed together.
That morning we both said it was a mistake, and would never go there again.

After all these years, we have been close even though we are married to other
people. My wife knows and understands.

It has never caused a problem because we make sure it is not a problem.
Everything is out in the open, so our SO's trust us.

I like you. You sound like me, my parents, and all my friends.

Everything is out in the open. My buddy and my girlfriend also became friends and my girlfriend likes her. If my girlfriend didn't like her, things would change. I have 3 friends, basically. I trust them with everything. They have keys to my house and would spend a week on a hospital couch for me and I them. She's one.

She also told me "honestly, if you guys had sex, I'd be like 'well, how drunk were you guys? Because that must have been weird."

I met her because we went on a date. We got drunk and awkwardly made out. First and last time we kissed. We went out one more time and lost contact. I saw her leaving my friends apartment complex one day almost a year later. We say hi, went out a drinkin', and have been buds ever since. I've set her up on dates and wingmanned for her many a time.

She's a smart chick I love hanging out with. I could never live with her nor her me. I can and have found other girls to sleep with. Not gonna ruin one if my best friendships for a romp. We view each other like step-siblings now. But ****, half these guys sound like they'd fawk their own step-sister if they slipped and fell on her with a hard-on. Christ, ya'll.

Point being: I get that it's not for everyone. I just wish people could keep their eyes in their heads when we do it. My parents have a healthier relationship than anyone I know. People and their "hell, I done been around, here's what'll happen". No, douche, that's what happened to you. It is not Newton's law.

Last edited:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been my experience having been on this ball of mud for 65 years, that any guy who had a women for a close friend usually ended up banging her. Not scientific just what I have seen.

From what I have seen, every single last person to ever say "I do" has gotten divorced at least once except my grandparents. Every last one of dozens. Better avoid that too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom