OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been through a haboob here in the desert today. High winds created a dust storm with a big wall of dust hitting here mid morning. Visibility has been about 1/2 mile or less.
This is a pic of what they look like. Not my pic.

3C5B836C-8C7F-413A-895C-5790D0D9967A.jpeg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been through a haboob here in the desert today. High winds created a dust storm with a big wall of dust hitting here mid morning. Visibility has been about 1/2 mile or less.
This is a pic of what they look like. Not my pic.

View attachment 351426

I remember those from back in the '50's in the Panhandle, although we didn't get to see them at the angle shown in the above photo.

Locally there in the Panhandle, I remember that time being called "The Gritty Fifties."

Dad bought a used pickup some years later, and every time we hit a bump, dirt fell out of the headliner on top of us passengers.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning!
This is kind of random, but do y’all have a favorite coffee cup? I bought this cup in the mid 80’s, and they’re pretty rare now. It’s a Morico stainless and insulated and puts Yeti cups to shame. I’ve accumulated 3 of the 450 ml cups, and it’s the only cup I drink coffee from.
55B349E4-8B25-4B3C-BFD7-873B1FC3CD68.jpeg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@retrieverman doesn't that thing burn your lips ?

I bought two or three uninsulated metal old style blue camp mugs from Army surplus for deer camp once and with me liking my coffee hot enough to boil a egg in the first time I tried drinking coffee with it it burnt the he!! out of my lips......ended up going back to a old insulated mug that I'd picked up at Love's.

ec.jpg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sunrise wasn't picture worthy as yesterday but better than not waking up. Yall have a good day.

No coffee for me.

Morning handsome! 😉😘 And the rest of you yahoos. I'm ready to go back to yesterday's weather -- no fun thawing out waterers at 6 in the morning. Bleh ...

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all,
Woke up this morning at our little piece of heaven, our lake house on Grand Lake.
Plans today are to do some wood refinishing. I have to refinish a podium that our MC uses at our annual convention and Have to build A new award podium for all the winners to stand on. Our event isn’t until the end of April but figure I would start on it early.
It doesn’t feel like work when the lake is in the background. LOL!!!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@retrieverman doesn't that thing burn your lips ?

I bought two or three uninsulated metal old style blue camp mugs from Army surplus for deer camp once and with me liking my coffee hot enough to boil a egg in the first time I tried drinking coffee with it it burnt the he!! out of my lips......ended up going back to a old insulated mug that I'd picked up at Love's.

View attachment 351512
Exact same thing for me. I carried my Love's coffee cup around for so many years the logo was all but faded gone . . . but the lid still fit tight 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom