OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The sunrise wasn't picture worthy as yesterday but better than not waking up. Yall have a good day.

No coffee for me.
The older I get I realize that any sunrise I see is picture worthy. No coffee for me either, haven’t had a cup since probably 1975. Never acquired a taste for it.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening folks, I don’t think that I could function without coffee, but I don’t have a favorite mug. I’ll drink it out of anything as long as it’s halfway warm.
My plans for the afternoon went south pretty fast. I’m having a concrete pad poured by a contractor. My plan was to sit in my warm truck with my dog and watch the work being done by others for a change. That plan lasted about 10 minutes because the concrete truck sunk to the axles immediately after pulling into the pasture. I spent the afternoon hauling concrete with my tractor from the truck to the pour site so that the weight of the truck could be reduced enough to have it towed out. I’m the only guy that I know that will pay to have a job done and then end up having to work myself for free.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good evening folks, I don’t think that I could function without coffee, but I don’t have a favorite mug. I’ll drink it out of anything as long as it’s halfway warm.
My plans for the afternoon went south pretty fast. I’m having a concrete pad poured by a contractor. My plan was to sit in my warm truck with my dog and watch the work being done by others for a change. That plan lasted about 10 minutes because the concrete truck sunk to the axles immediately after pulling into the pasture. I spent the afternoon hauling concrete with my tractor from the truck to the pour site so that the weight of the truck could be reduced enough to have it towed out. I’m the only guy that I know that will pay to have a job done and then end up having to work myself for free.
Ugh!

A year or 2 ago, they were pouring concrete for a barn at a neighboring lake house. They contractor tried to back the mixer across the highway ditch. It suck in and was leaning pretty good. The desperation looked pretty strong. The little tractor worked its tail off that day shuttling concrete. I can't imagine it being a good slab with the length of time it took to shuttle the mud.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh!

A year or 2 ago, they were pouring concrete for a barn at a neighboring lake house. They contractor tried to back the mixer across the highway ditch. It suck in and was leaning pretty good. The desperation looked pretty strong. The little tractor worked its tail off that day shuttling concrete. I can't imagine it being a good slab with the length of time it took to shuttle the mud.
The truck was maxed out at around 10 cubic yards. I hauled about half of that with the tractor. It took pretty much all afternoon. Luckily, the tow truck was able to winch it out and help pull it to the pour site after we got some weight off of it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning!
This is kind of random, but do y’all have a favorite coffee cup? I bought this cup in the mid 80’s, and they’re pretty rare now. It’s a Morico stainless and insulated and puts Yeti cups to shame. I’ve accumulated 3 of the 450 ml cups, and it’s the only cup I drink coffee from.
View attachment 351509
I like my morning coffee, sometimes stretching out to the afternoon. We grind fresh beans every morning. The odor is amazing. Dark Sumatra is the bean of choice.
The mug of choice is a Yeti with a couple decals that remind me of how important the 2nd Amendment is.

3CA74EC7-F111-4FF8-A101-502EBD251B4C.jpeg
B4525E09-6C30-46C6-A0AA-89505504DCE2.jpeg

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning folks.
Sitting here having my second cup of coffee. My cup of choice is my 20 oz. Yeti. This is my lake Yeti and I have had it for about 5 or 6 years and as you can see, the red coating is coming off. I am trying to see how long it take for all the red to wear off. LOL!!!

86493365-12F8-4E5D-8897-E6DBDB52DAA0.jpeg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but no pictures of coffee cups. But, how about a ground squirrel getting one last bite of ice cream before running away from the hand?

The picture was taken at Seven Falls in Colorado Springs back in 2008.

Seven Falls in this photo.

And, if one takes those 200+ steps up the stairs to the top, one can then find a small "cascade fall" called Midnight Falls.

Oh, and I went in yesterday for a follow-up doctor visit after getting the knee injection a while back. I chose to NOT get another one as the first was pretty painful and the steroid injected, like other steroids have done, gave me a reaction. The physician's assistant gave us a couple of other options that I'm going to be researching. One is a topical cream and the other is injection of Hyaluronic Acid into the knee areas.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good Morning All. Pretty cool out, but no drizzle at this point.

Terry, I has a similar reaction with my first knee injection. I elected to continue, and had no pain with each injection after that. I have friends that have moved to the Hyaluronic acid. Each of them have been very pleased with that decision. It seems like (as it is with almost any treatment) everyone reacts differently. I hope you can find the right path. When we get to the point of bone on bone, knee pain is never a pleasant experience. I ended up with both knees replaced, a couple of years apart, and have very pleased with the results.

Have a good day everyone...

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but no pictures of coffee cups. But, how about a ground squirrel getting one last bite of ice cream before running away from the hand?

The picture was taken at Seven Falls in Colorado Springs back in 2008.

Seven Falls in this photo.

And, if one takes those 200+ steps up the stairs to the top, one can then find a small "cascade fall" called Midnight Falls.

Oh, and I went in yesterday for a follow-up doctor visit after getting the knee injection a while back. I chose to NOT get another one as the first was pretty painful and the steroid injected, like other steroids have done, gave me a reaction. The physician's assistant gave us a couple of other options that I'm going to be researching. One is a topical cream and the other is injection of Hyaluronic Acid into the knee areas.
About 15 years ago, I had tendinitis really bad in my left elbow, and a friend in the medical field gave me a steroid shot in it. The shot hurt so bad I forgot about the tendinitis and swore I’d never take another dose.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a final ride through this afternoon with the owner of the 160 acres job I’ve been working on, and he found 3 more short trail he wanted cleared. I got them knocked out and am moving my equipment in the morning to a small job close to my house.
Unfortunately, no one has paid me in 2023, and my bank account is starting to squeal like a pig under a gate. :censored:

Latest posts

Top Bottom