OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Piedra Falls is worth the short hike!

There are so many awesome streams in that general area that one can't hit them all. I walked the Conejos from Antonito Co for a couple of miles upstream hitting all the pools with the fly. Water from 3" deep to pools you couldn't see the bottom in. Could barely walk the next day because everything hurt so bad.
Can't wait to get back and do it again.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be there next summer and be looking for that pool.

Forest Service Road 600/631, also known as Piedra Road in Pagosa Springs. After crossing the river several miles north of Pagosa Springs, there is a parking area on the west side of the road. Probably about a 1/2 mile or so of a walk to that pool. Maybe longer, because I was taking pictures as I walked along and didn't keep track of distance.

If you are camping, Sportsman's Campground is an excellent RV park with cabins just north of the river. Maybe 2 or 3 miles north.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning folks. Looks like it going to be a great day today.
Sitting here drinking coffee and watching some TV.
It's going to be another long 12 hour day but hey, it pays the bills and keeps me out of trouble. lol.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning folks. Looks like it going to be a great day today.
Sitting here drinking coffee and watching some TV.
It's going to be another long 12 hour day but hey, it pays the bills and keeps me out of trouble. lol.

Interesting. Grumpy can attest to the amount of trouble I stayed in when I was gainfully employed. The harder I tried to stay out of trouble the worse it gone. About half the time it really was my fault. Lol I don't do office politics very good ... Or is it well?? Hmmm ...

I am beat already but still have some more to do this afternoon. But all the critters are happy cuz they have nice clean pens -- and fresh hay. I sat down and watched everybody play when I got done. Gave the quail some new straw nestboxes to play in/on. They were like kids in a candy store. Lol Danged critters are beyond spoilt. Haha!

This afternoon I need to get some housework done. I'd rather clean pens outside all day than stay inside and clean up after people. Bleh.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Driving back home(Edmond) from being out at one of the family farms checking fence. A cousin and I may buy some cows and let 'em run out here.

On this rainy day it's my 20th anniversary...thinking back on those days we (wife and I ) lived in Galveston.

Driving from the Carney area(some farms) looking at spots where as a kid I rode my pony in the pastures and over to Carney. Where I rode my dirtbikes...where I deer and coon hunted. Farms that "use" to belong to folks that are now long gone.

Places where I fished and bailed hay...

Memories on this rainy, muddy dirt road and along Highway 18 and 177....and even in between those highways.

How time has flown by and I wouldn't trade a billion dollars for my memories and the ones yet to be made in the future!!-

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forest Service Road 600/631, also known as Piedra Road in Pagosa Springs. After crossing the river several miles north of Pagosa Springs, there is a parking area on the west side of the road. Probably about a 1/2 mile or so of a walk to that pool. Maybe longer, because I was taking pictures as I walked along and didn't keep track of distance.

If you are camping, Sportsman's Campground is an excellent RV park with cabins just north of the river. Maybe 2 or 3 miles north.

Thanks for the heads up. We will be staying in Colorado next summer at Antonito again in the RV and plan to get a cabin around Pagosa springs for a few days to explore that area vs making it a day trip.

Last edited:

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna crunch out another shift tonight (yawn). I swear when the college is out, the local crackheads act up in their place and take up the slack. So much for a quiet Christmas break. I'm gonna hit the woods this weekend.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gonna crunch out another shift tonight (yawn). I swear when the college is out, the local crackheads act up in their place and take up the slack. So much for a quiet Christmas break. I'm gonna hit the woods this weekend.

Ugh, hoots are the worst. Stay safe, my man. Those crackheads love this colder weather. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom