OU vs. UTEP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Any OU fans want to start up a collection and donate it to the OU football program to pay for a special teams coach? For years the coaching staff has said that they could handle it and didn't need a spec teams coach, and for years OU has sucked at spec teams. But that isn't their only problem as shown last night.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU needs some work that much is obvious. They can get their act together and have a good season.

However, the OSU haters/OU fans that never went to college are quick to slam OSU for winning their first game of the season. They're the ones that think OU is better than OSU because of a football record. They're too ignorant to know that OSU has won twice as many national championships as OU. And by me saying that, the OU fans that never went to college will now say but football is the only sport that matters. To that I say you're a fool because you obviously never played any other sport in school to know the dedication from the players and their families with practices and away games. One school is not better than another. They are both great colleges and offer different degrees and experiences. Now I'm off my soap box.

Back up the butthurt for a sec and realize that all the comments were towards bringing an OSU fan back to reality as everyone and their dog thinks it was a joke to play Savannah State and think it's a measure for the season. Outside of that, dunno who has a degree or not here, including you, and I mostly agree with that statement about attending their respective school but, it definitely goes both ways.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They'll be okay. Just needed to knock some rust off.

Both OSU and OU aren't national championship teams this year but they'll do okay

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OU needs some work that much is obvious. They can get their act together and have a good season.

However, the OSU haters/OU fans that never went to college are quick to slam OSU for winning their first game of the season. They're the ones that think OU is better than OSU because of a football record. They're too ignorant to know that OSU has won twice as many national championships as OU. And by me saying that, the OU fans that never went to college will now say but football is the only sport that matters. To that I say you're a fool because you obviously never played any other sport in school to know the dedication from the players and their families with practices and away games. One school is not better than another. They are both great colleges and offer different degrees and experiences. Now I'm off my soap box.

Hey I understand completely. If OSU's and OU's football records were the opposite, being an OU grad I would being saying the same things as you.

I would be damn proud that all those national championships from non-football sports had brought in that extra $42 dollars for my school. :D

JG-15

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not being a fan of either team, It was a good intense game to watch for the first 3 quarters. I'm gonna say that ou probably looked worse than they really are. I know they were missing a few starters that game for whatever reason, but theres a lot of question marks on that team. O line wasnt very good. D line got gashed. Being a texas fan I was licking my chops hoping that this is the team we'll see at the RRR. My guess ou will get some things straight and look a lot better. Anyone else thinking about heading out to UTEP this week to try out for kicker? I think they are hiring....

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU observations:

I have very few to offer. True story...I fell asleep. It was that good of a game! I woke up when Stoops was doing his post game interview saying they had some things to "sharpen up".

The only things that stand out to me is:

1) Landry's arm strength. That 68yd TD pass was impressive. Also later while running for his life and about to be sacked, he just kind of "flicked" the ball out to a receiver. It had wayyyy too much heat on it for the receiver to catch it. :faint:

2) Stoops' housecleaning really hurt them (I still praise Stoops for doing it tho). If Stills gets into trouble or injured it won't bode well for OU's season.

3) O line? Wow! Quite the contrast of very recent past teams. I know UTEP has a couple of good/fast DEs but dang, they just don't look like OU linesmen. Transfer??? Mike Stoops could do dastrdly things with those guys.

4) Special teams? Is Bob Stoops still personally coaching them like he did in the 1st few years when he came here? Me thinks not 'cuz they were awesome back then. Bob either go back to coaching them or hire a dedicated ST coach. Special teams suks!

Edit to add: (forgot the defense)
5) Welcome back Mike! It was good to see some aggressiveness before I fell asleep. Keep it up!

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought Landry Jones did a good job improving his footwork and mobility. He was really "cow-footed" in the past with his weight back on his feet toward his heels. His summer workout program has moved his balance point forward and makes him a lot quicker and more athletic when he has to move in the pocket. Receivers have a lot of potential if they get in synch - and where was Roy Finch last night? Did I miss something? His jitterbug style would have been beneficial in their "dink & dunk" attack they started the second half with. I know he has been working at the slot position, but is he just Kenny Stills' backup now?

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom